Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car Radio Equipment
Reload this Page >

Kontronik ESC 3SL 40-6-18 - troubleshooting help

Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

Kontronik ESC 3SL 40-6-18 - troubleshooting help

Old 04-19-2008, 01:41 PM
sweli
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kontronik ESC 3SL 40-6-18 - troubleshooting help

Any help is appreciated!

Some background: Home-made crawler. 1:6 scale, on the heavy side I bet at 15-20lbs. Tamiya 3spd. Hacker A30-8XL (1100kv outrunner). Kontronik 3SL 40-6-18.

Trying to run program 8(forward/reverse).
According to the manual, programming 6 and 8 are the exact same procedure?? Cannot understand how ESC is going to tell what I want.

What I end up with is a car that goes forward from center stick position moved up. No reverse, what seems like no brake.

Also, the car begins to move forward, then with a little more throttle, lurches forward and seems to stick in full throttle for a few seconds even after pulling the stick back?
Then sometimes the whole unit locks up?? Not steering either. I have to pull the battery, wait a few secs. and plug it back in to get it going again.

Also when moving forward, I loose all servo control until car comes to a stop?

I am also trying to understand the BEC on this ESC. All I can find is the word "Opto"? Not if and what it puts out.
I am running a separate BEC provider to the Rx. I tried running the ESC through a servo extension wire that has the red wire pulled. The ESC would not work at all when doing this. ESC only works when plugged into the Rx with red wire intact.

Running a no-brand radio right now, but tried a second radio I have, with the same results. I believe this rules out the Tx/Rx.

Any help is appreciated.
I have contacted Kontronik (yesterday), but wondered if anyone out there knew.
I can scan and post the page of prog guidelines from the manual I received.