Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

M11 HELP!!! Cutting out?????

Old 04-23-2008, 10:13 AM
superx421

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default M11 HELP!!! Cutting out?????

Hello,
I am brand new to the sport and brand new to the M11 radio. I just bought a used M11 radio, used it for the first time tonight, and have a BIG problem. I bought it and it already had the antenna mod done to it. Does doing this mod effect the signal at all. I was standing in the middle of the track, and if the buggy went up and over a berm (literally 30-40 ft. away) to where I could not physically see it, it would loose signal and the throttle would stick WIDE open. I was using a BRAND NEW 1600 hump pack and the radio was ready the batteries in it at 9.9V, so I don't think that is the issue. Could you please give me an idea of what the problem might be. I checked the connection with all wires inside the battery box on the buggy and everything looked fine. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. I hope to race this coming Friday assuming I can get this situation figured out. Has anyone else had this problem, especially if you have the mod done to it. I don't know why, but I just wonder if that has something to do with it. THANKS!

Blake
Old 04-23-2008, 10:39 AM
nomobux
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: M11 HELP!!! Cutting out?????

Could be the mod ( bad wire, etc ) is it spektrum ? Did you get a matching rx
Old 04-23-2008, 10:48 AM
superx421

This is the system that came with the radio:

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id/6398

This should work fine, right? Thanks!
Old 04-23-2008, 10:58 AM
nomobux

Yup .. should work. Couple of ? I believe that rx ant wire must be kept at the original 8" or so, OR you can cut to 3.5" anything else shortens reception. Ck that. Also did you get everything plugged in firmly and the black or brown ground wire on the plugs facing the outside edge of the rx case. Are you sure you got a good bind and if done correctly the radio will go failsafe and park your rig, brakes on at an idle. If the batts are trully good and all the previous is good , it should work. However, you bought it used, soooooo
Old 04-23-2008, 11:25 AM
superx421

I just thought of, but would letting the antenna wire hang out a little bit from the tube (on the car) help my situation? I will certainly check everything you mentioned and hopefully come up with a solution. Hopefully I didn't get hosed on buying this thing. THANKS!

Old 04-23-2008, 11:26 AM
nomobux

One more thought. You said BRAND NEW hump batt. How much run time on it ? They take a few cycles to come up to max. AND, get that thing re-bound, so the it goes to failsafe in the future.
Old 04-23-2008, 11:33 AM
nomobux

ORIGINAL: superx421

I just thought of, but would letting the antenna wire hang out a little bit from the tube (on the car) help my situation? I will certainly check everything you mentioned and hopefully come up with a solution. Hopefully I didn't get hosed on buying this thing. THANKS!

No prob .. Let me know how it works out. BUT .. for sure take care of the failsafe before you run again. It will save alot of agony. You do have a manual correct ??
Old 04-23-2008, 11:43 AM
Dale Gribble

I would call Spektrum... They have an 800# and can probably help you troubleshoot. I called them before and they were very helpful.

Its definitely your setup or electronics, because the M11 + Spektrum module is one of the most common racer setups that I have seen. Literally 9/10 people at my track run that setup and at any other track I have been to.
Old 04-23-2008, 11:49 AM
nomobux

ORIGINAL: Dale Gribble

I would call Spektrum... They have an 800# and can probably help you troubleshoot. I called them before and they were very helpful.

Its definitely your setup or electronics, because the M11 + Spektrum module is one of the most common racer setups that I have seen. Literally 9/10 people at my track run that setup and at any other track I have been to.
I agree. My M8 and Spek work well. Horizon will try and get you going, but they mostly want you to send it in.
Old 04-23-2008, 12:55 PM
superx421

AWESOME, thanks for all the help. Now come to think of it, like I said last night was the first time I had used it, the radio some how did had the brake and throttle reversed and I had to switch it. It never even occured to me needing to re-bind the system. That would make sense then that the throttle was wide open and not the brakes. THANKS!

Blake
Old 04-23-2008, 01:04 PM
nomobux

AWESOME, thanks for all the help. Now come to think of it, like I said last night was the first time I had used it, the radio some how did had the brake and throttle reversed and I had to switch it. It never even occured to me needing to re-bind the system. That would make sense then that the throttle was wide open and not the brakes. THANKS!

Blake
When you do it, simply have both ON .. turn off the tx and if correct, it will go to closed throttle and brake
Old 04-23-2008, 01:22 PM
superx421

Sorry for being an idiot, but was does tx stand for? Honestly, I am brand new to the sport but wanting to learn as much as possible. Thanks again for your help!
Old 04-23-2008, 01:41 PM
nomobux

Sorry for being an idiot, but was does tx stand for? Honestly, I am brand new to the sport but wanting to learn as much as possible. Thanks again for your help!
No prob .. TX is short for transmitter / RX is short for receiver .... Do you have manuals for the M11 & Spektrum ? Need any help .. yell. I'm subscribed and will know when you post
Old 04-24-2008, 12:48 PM
superx421

I tore the radio apart to find that the actual black antenna was busted into two pieces and had been superglued back together. If anyone knows of how I can get JUST the black antenna and wire, PLEASE let me know. Thanks
Old 04-24-2008, 01:20 PM
nomobux

I think alot of guys match that size wire at radio shack. you def would have to solder and shrink wrap or solder what you have and shrink. this is if you splice