Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

Radio help!

Old 05-03-2008, 09:48 PM
big ragu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio help!

First off, I just joined the site, and seems like an awesome place. I have been out of R/C's for 15 or 16 years, and I'm looking to get back into it. I can't remember much, and even then it was years ago and I'm sure technology is much better. I am in the market for a radio, and I want something decent. Not super high priced, but not the cheapest junk either. I plan on building another Blackfoot like I had back in the day, and want something to run that. I also have an RC12 that I want to get back out, and will need a radio for that. So, can someone school me as to what's good, what options are available, etc? Thanks
Old 05-03-2008, 11:45 PM
systemlord

Default RE: Radio help!

Hello and welcome,

I to have been out of RC for a few years then after a year of being back I have three different radios for three different RC cars and trucks. So I decided that I needed one radio for all, I set my eyes on [link=http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXPZT7&P=ML]Futaba's 3PM 3-Channel 2.4GHz Transmitter/Receiver Only [/link]and it had all the features of their most expensive 3PKS had for a lot less money. You will never have to worry about what channel you are on or if your radio will interfer with others radios at the track because every radio uses it own transponder ID.

Futaba's 3PM 3-Channel 2.4GHz Transmitter is in my opinion the best price to performance ratio for a native 2.4GHz radio system! For only $189.99 you get a Lot for your money and the only down side is each extra R603FS receiver cost about $94 dollars. The 3PM radio isn't the most expensive and isn't the cheapest radio system out there. I don't have any experience with other brand radio system, but I will tell you that Futaba is in my opinion the best leader in RC radio control systems!
Old 05-04-2008, 08:07 AM
Airbus 9e

I agree. I bought my first Magnum Junior in 1988, and have always had a Futaba radio since. I have a 3PM, a 3PK, and an older PCM, and a Magnum AM....all still in good working order, though I only use the PK and PM now.....
Old 05-04-2008, 12:43 PM
jonnymac

If that is too expensive look at the JR XS3
Synthesized so no crystals, FM, Loads of features. It just not a 2.4ghz
Can be had for relativley little money though
Old 05-04-2008, 01:16 PM
big ragu

Infortunately I am not up to speed to what 2.4 means, and why it's important. I swear I wish I could find somewhere that would break everything down as far as electric (I'm not even remotely close to being ready to tackle a nitro) R/C's go. Now there's brushless systems, crazy remotes, etc. I'm lost! I'd like to get one radio that I can use in multiple cars, as that would keep my cost down in the long run. Will I need several recievers, etc? I wish I could look at a radio, and it's features, and understand what it means, and why I would want it.
Old 05-04-2008, 01:18 PM
big ragu

After looking a little at the JR, it is much more attractively priced. It says it has 6 model memory-6 models meaning??
Old 05-04-2008, 02:39 PM
Airbus 9e

6 models means you can save seperate setting for 6 different cars in it's memory.