Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

Airtronics MX3 fhss

Old 05-04-2008, 12:46 PM
mx757

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Airtronics MX3 fhss

Hey guys, I just bought an Airtronics MX3 FHSS system to put in my vehicles, and was wondering what your guys opinions are of it? is there any issued i need to watch out for? thanks.
Old 05-05-2008, 09:40 AM
nomobux
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: Airtronics MX3 fhss

ORIGINAL: mx757

Hey guys, I just bought an Airtronics MX3 FHSS system to put in my vehicles, and was wondering what your guys opinions are of it? is there any issued i need to watch out for? thanks.
Kinda too late to ask now ... lol .. just kidding. I run Spektrum, but have heard good on the MX. You will love the Matrix Arena TR.
Old 05-05-2008, 11:46 AM
mx757

haha i was thinking too late too haha. it should be here thursday i think. Hopefully I will get my stimulus check soon and i can get my Matrix ordered sometime soon.
Old 05-30-2008, 11:55 AM
sCram_U

hi all, just bought the mx3fhss and i think its great. however, is there a forum or thread that tell about all the functions (sub-trim, epa etc)? or is there anybody who can explain what does each function stands for?? Im a noob... thks..
Old 05-31-2008, 10:43 AM
dacaur

mx3 is a pretty low feature radio.

servo reverse -self explanatory, if if your servo goes the wrong way, this is how you fix it.

Sub trim - this is for when you cant quite get the servo horn in the right spot to center the servo... get it centred using trim, then set the trim back to 0 and set the same amount in sub trim... then the servo will be centered and trim will be at 0. You never want a lot of sub trim, because it reduces total servo throw in that direction.

ARC - This is the same as Exponential in every other radio... why do they have to be different? I dunno... Basically it changes the amount the servo moves vs the trigger or wheel movment at the begging of travel... The max travel doesn't change. An example of use would be in steering, lets say you want a lot of steering for low speed handling, but when you are going fast its too twitchy... you could turn the dual rate down to take out steering, but then you have to turn it back up when you need more at low speed... Instead us ARC (EXPO) and you can set it so that the servo moves less for the same amount of steering wheel travel for about the first half of the wheel travel, basically the wheel is less sensitive around center, but you still have max servo travel when you need to.

EPA, End Point Adjustment - if you have too much servo travel and its binding, you use this to dial out travel. (you will burn out servos if you dont use it, so USE IT.)

Steering Dual rate - allows you to have two settings for steering throw. one setting for full throw for low speed, one for less throw for high speed... ARC/Expo is a better choice for this purpose though...

That's all the features the MX3 has....
Old 05-31-2008, 01:19 PM
sCram_U

dacaur, thanks for that.....but what about 3pks.....?
Old 05-31-2008, 01:29 PM
dacaur

ORIGINAL: sCram_U

dacaur, thanks for that.....but what about 3pks.....?
The 3pks is in a whole different (much more expensive) class... The futaba that would compete with the MX3 would be the 3PM fasst.... I have one and its awsome. Many more features for about $10 more than the MX3. Some of the fautres the 3PM has that the MX3 doesnt have:
Timer,
ABS (anti-lock brake),
steering wheel tension adjustment,
sub trim on all 3 channels (mx3 only has it on 1 and 2).
Programable Channel mixing,
throttle acceleration (for nitro cars, reduces throttle/brake lag),
3 character model naming (mx3 just shows a number 1-18 for each model)...
there are a few more....
The steering dual rate is more convenient to hit on the futaba... its right under your left thumb, on the mx3 its on the top of the radio above the wheel..
Old 06-01-2008, 01:34 PM
sCram_U

gee thanks dacaur, actually i had the 3pks first on my ofna hyper 8. Just couldn't be bothered with all the functions,just wanna hit d throttle. But few months down the road, add a few more (second hand M8 and the mx3fhss, of course) then it keep me thinking to know more of its functions and make use of it....thanks again.