Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

3pks FAST or m11 2.4

Old 05-20-2008, 09:28 PM
yepe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3pks FAST or m11 2.4

Which is better 3pks FAST or M11 2.4. Which do you think has an advantage in terms of response time and servo resolution. How do you compare the PCM technology compared to the 2.4 system in response time and resolution. Thanks
Old 05-20-2008, 09:50 PM
systemlord

Default RE: 3pks FAST or m11 2.4

Futaba without a doubt, Futaba spends a lot more money on R&D than Airtronics and all the others. Futaba makes some sick helicoptor, airplane and RC car radio's costing as much as $2299.99. Futaba does have the fastest response time between transmitter and receiver, and for the resolution as well. Resolution has a lot to do with the servos used as well, like digital servos who have higher resolution and a lot more current draw. My SuperMaxx uses a digital servo for the steering and can draw 3 amps from a 6V 1600mAh battery.
Old 05-20-2008, 10:58 PM
yepe

Thanks systemlord, I'm very familiar with futaba radios been using it 15 yrs . Right now in using 14mz on my heli and airplane for 3 yrs already. I found futaba advance in radio technology in planes advance compared to airtonics. But in car all my buddies are using m8 and m11, they like airtonics better in car.
Old 05-20-2008, 11:30 PM
systemlord

ORIGINAL: yepe

Thanks systemlord, I'm very familiar with futaba radios been using it 15 yrs . Right now in using 14mz on my heli and airplane for 3 yrs already. I found futaba advance in radio technology in planes advance compared to airtonics. But in car all my buddies are using m8 and m11, they like airtonics better in car.
I have always herd friends/people liking their m8, m11 and even their older versions from 10 years ago. I have an 9CHP Super (with five S9252's digitals for my Raptor 60) which I love the gold face look, but I have quite a few reasons why I chose Futaba again two months ago for my SuperMaxx and my 45mph Vendetta 11.1V brushless speed demon. I do see alot using the M8's and never really knew why, for me it was that golden look that my 9CHP that drew me into buying the 3PKS Super. Either way your getting a top notch radio as there both great radios! Hay are you using lithium batteries for that 14MZ? Whats the voltage rating?
Old 05-21-2008, 05:45 AM
yepe

14mz comes with a 7.2v 2200mah lion batt., changed it to sony digital camera battery same size no modification for half a price. The 9chp also is a good radio my dad has been using it for 4 yrs and theres no problem very easy to adjust.
Old 05-23-2008, 05:39 AM
Longhair

I replaced my JR XS3 Pro SYNTH FM with a Futaba 3pk 2.4 GHz and I wish I would have done it sooner.

There is more features on the 3pk that I will probably never use - good thing - and other features that the JR didn't have that I find myself using as soon as the radio is turned on.