Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

servo steers 1/2 the time

Old 05-31-2008, 04:21 AM
NickNitro26

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default servo steers 1/2 the time

In my thunder tiger ST-1 i'm still using the stock servos. Here is my problem :

sometimes I turn a corner and it turns half way and sometimes it turns 100%. when it only turns half way i give it another quick turn in the same direction and then it turns 100%

it's only the sterring servo that does that, the throttle is fine. the linkage in perfect and my receiver batteries are 100% and I use a DX3R.

any suggestions before I decide to buy a DS1015? lol
Old 05-31-2008, 10:27 AM
dacaur

Default RE: servo steers 1/2 the time

sounds like a servoproblem to me.... can you replicate it on the bench? if so, try swapping servos and see if it still does it...
Old 05-31-2008, 11:36 PM
NickNitro26

i didn't try swapping yet but i'm pretty sure it will do the same thing. looks like it's upgrade time :P
Old 06-01-2008, 03:44 AM
dacaur

ZWell if it does the same thing after swaping servos, then the problem is NOT the servo, and would have to be either the RX or the TX... RX is second most likley after the Servo....
Old 06-01-2008, 04:51 AM
NickNitro26

lol whoops, i meant swapping in the sens, changing them place, like sterring to throttle and vice versa, making the throttle act funny and making the sterring fine.

like maybe it's something I missed in the linkage but I dont think so, i didn't change anything to it, so it's most likely the servo.

anyone else had a similar problem like this? first time this has happened to me. I had glitching with my old am radio thats about it
Old 06-01-2008, 06:11 AM
Osirisf16

Maybe i know what the problem is. When you working that servo, you hear a strange sound? Maybe they are its gears buddy. Take apart the above part of the servo and check the gears. Maybe one of them is stripped
Old 06-01-2008, 07:28 AM
NickNitro26

nope, no sound. I know what stripped gears sounds like and oh my it doesnt sound too good haha

maybe a tired motor? (even though I got it about 2 months ago) it does it after like 4-5 minutes of driving
Old 06-01-2008, 09:21 AM
rckt_mtrspts
Banned

Have you checked everything to rule out there not something else bound up? If yes, stock servos are cheap and not known for their durability.
Old 06-01-2008, 09:55 AM
NickNitro26

yeah everything is good... i guess i'll change the servos :P

the ones on my jato lasted about the same time too.
Old 06-02-2008, 03:35 PM
ProStreetCamaro

Strange I seem to have the same problem with my new ST-1. Under full power it will turn nice and tight but half throttle it makes a huge wide turn. My steering servo also once in a while decides to do nothing like it has a short in it or something. What boggles my mind is when it does that it zeros out and the truck goes straight as if I had let off the steering. I am running my spektrum DX3 that came with an extra receiver that I had never used. I dont think it would be the receiver would it?
Old 06-02-2008, 06:02 PM
NickNitro26

ORIGINAL: ProStreetCamaro

Strange I seem to have the same problem with my new ST-1. Under full power it will turn nice and tight but half throttle it makes a huge wide turn. My steering servo also once in a while decides to do nothing like it has a short in it or something. What boggles my mind is when it does that it zeros out and the truck goes straight as if I had let off the steering. I am running my spektrum DX3 that came with an extra receiver that I had never used. I dont think it would be the receiver would it?
it does the opposite for me lol when i do the long oval at top speed i have trouble turning enough but when i'm in thelittle turns of the track it's ok... maybe because i keep twitching the sterring and not just holding it in the long turn [&:]
Old 06-10-2008, 07:04 PM
Matt_Gruizinga
My Feedback: (1)

im not sure if the spectrum models have this but on the futaba 3pm you han choose between 2 modes and one of them you have to have digital servos. could it be that the stock servo isn't digital and you dx3r can't perform properly with out them. really im just guesing since i don't own one and i can't seem to find information saying the stock servo is not digital, just a guese