Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

DXR3 VS MX-3FHSS 2.4

Old 06-05-2008, 01:38 PM
Racing T

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DXR3 VS MX-3FHSS 2.4

HI, I have a very hard time chossing between those too, I know they are in a diferent price range, but my question is, if there is really worth it to spend the extra $$ over the MX-3FHSS? If I start to see the features, there isnt much different, I race truggys, can someone point me in the right way or tell me something that I am missing?

Thanks!

Here is de link for both:

[link=http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_info.php/products_id/16275]Airtronics MX-3Fhss[/link]

[link=http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_info.php/products_id/13166]DX3R[/link]
Old 06-05-2008, 09:17 PM
misasi

Default RE: DXR3 VS MX-3FHSS 2.4

Go for the Futaba 3PM. More features than you will ever use but more importantly it has a built in failsafe.
Old 06-06-2008, 05:04 AM
nomobux
My Feedback: (4)

ORIGINAL: misasi

Go for the Futaba 3PM. More features than you will ever use but more importantly it has a built in failsafe.
And would you care to tell me when the DX3R quit having a built in failsafe. Try knowing what you are posting to people.
Old 06-06-2008, 09:27 AM
qaiz

Had the same dilema when I was buying my DX3R, it was inbetween the 3PM, 3PK and DX3R. Went the DX3R way just because of the ergonomics.

I race truggies too, and in a long main, the last thing any one wants is fatigue.

Id say DX3R if you can afford it.

F.Y.I misasi

The DX3R has an inbuilt failsafe.

You might want to read this : http://www.spektrumrc.com/Articles/A...ArticleID=1673

My personal favourite feature must be the servo moniter, I dont know why, I just like it a lot

Enjoy
Old 06-06-2008, 02:52 PM
Racing T

Thanks to all for the replies... still unsure, and to complicate things more, my LHS is giving me a killer deal, ( i think ) the dx3r for $285 including taxes....

ORIGINAL: qaiz

My personal favourite feature must be the servo moniter, I dont know why, I just like it a lot

what the heck is that!? LOL
Old 06-06-2008, 04:27 PM
dacaur

ORIGINAL: Racing T

HI, I have a very hard time chossing between those too, I know they are in a diferent price range, but my question is, if there is really worth it to spend the extra $$ over the MX-3FHSS? If I start to see the features, there isnt much different, I race truggys, can someone point me in the right way or tell me something that I am missing?

Thanks!

Here is de link for both:

[link=http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_info.php/products_id/16275]Airtronics MX-3Fhss[/link]

[link=http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_info.php/products_id/13166]DX3R[/link]

You are kidding right? the MX3 has got to be the most basic computer radio out there... Its feature set includes:

Servo reverse
Sub trim (only for channel 1 and 2, not for 3)
ARC (EXPO)
EPA
and steering dual rate.

Looking for more? Well, thats it, thats all it has... There are ANALOG radios that have more features than that!

On the other hand, here are some features the futaba 3PM has that the MX3 doesn't (and they are the same price)

Timer,
ABS (anti-lock brake),
steering wheel tension adjustment,
sub trim on all 3 channels ( mx3 only has it on 1 and 2).
Programmable Channel mixing,
throttle acceleration (for nitro cars, reduces throttle/brake lag),
3 character model naming ( mx3 just shows a number 1-18 for each model)...
there are a few more....
The steering dual rate is more convenient to hit on the futaba... its right under your left thumb, on the mx3 its on the top of the radio above the wheel..

The ONLY advantage the mx3 has is 8 extra model memories, (18 vs futabas 10) but again, they are only listed by number, you cannot name them.

The DX3R has even more features than that, plus a better screen and graphical expo curves, servo monitor, etc....!

If someone told you the features on the MX3 are about the same as other radio's, especially the DX3R, they work for airtronics or have stock or something like that...Or maybe they just hate you...
Old 06-06-2008, 04:34 PM
Racing T

LOL, thanks man, that was I needed to hear.... DX3R decided! I also have a 3pm but its 75 fm and I want 2.4 thanks again!
Old 06-07-2008, 02:25 AM
qaiz

ORIGINAL: Racing T

ORIGINAL: qaiz

what the heck is that!? LOL
It lets you see the travel of the servos. Its my favourite feature for some reason lol.

Oh and the DX3R has a 30 model memory, and you dont even have to switch the model from the TX, it does it automatically.

And for $285 all inclusive, what are you waiting for.!?
Old 06-07-2008, 08:23 AM
will13

get the dx3r best radio by far also look at how many top drivers have sighed for spektrum and no i didint buy mine because of all the top drivers in fact i didint know wherther to get the dx3r or the 4pk and you know what i am glad i got the dx3r its the lites,best looking and i dont know werther any body as told you but it as a smart thing called model match and what that dos is for ex if you have two truggys say a st-r and a crt if you want too yous the crt you just turn it on and drive but if you have the wrong model selected it will go in to fail safe mode now say uv had a nuf of driveing the crt all you do is bring it back turn it off and turn the st-r on go drive that no swaping rx round nothing anway hope this helps for a full list of fetures go too the spektrum website it is very help full
Old 06-07-2008, 11:21 AM
dacaur

one other thing you might consider if you think you might ever want to use it in a boat... I dont know about the dx3r, but i know the dx2 and dx3 do not work well in boats... poor range for some reason, while futabas 2.4 radios do great on the water....
Old 06-09-2008, 02:53 AM
Racing T

well i got the the DX3R! I'll probably will have it in my hands in about 4 days, I just hope it dont suffer of the "bind" issues of the first gen of dx3r. thanks to all!!
Old 07-22-2008, 12:13 PM
Nitro-4 Tec 3.3

does the DX3R have ABS??
Old 08-14-2008, 07:30 PM
Gyroguru

Is there any feature that Futaba 3PM-2.4GHz that is NOT in the DX3R? I am new to cars and the guy at Hobbytown USA told me that only Futaba has the steering lag control.

Thanks.