Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

futaba 3pj vs 3pm

Old 06-10-2008, 06:31 PM
Matt_Gruizinga
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default futaba 3pj vs 3pm

what do you think is better? they are both in my price range and i've been inspired by a paintjob in an old rc car action to paint the one i get.
could i install this and would it be worth it?

http://www.rcuniverse.com/magazine/n...roduct_id=3009

it looks like it might work but $20 sounds more like a typo then what it should cost compared to spektrums units
Old 06-11-2008, 01:43 PM
dacaur

Default RE: futaba 3pj vs 3pm

Well, the radios are in different classes, so if you can easily afford the 3pk, go for it. I have a 3PM and am perfectly happy with it... I could have waiting and saved longer and got the 3pk, but the 3pm 2.4ghz suits my needs, and for the price difference i got a mini monster baja..

as for the corona unit you linked, its not 2.4ghz. its simply a synthesized FM reciver...
Old 06-11-2008, 03:00 PM
Osirisf16

I'll give you this:

3PK = racing
3PM = bashing

Old 06-15-2008, 01:03 PM
Matt_Gruizinga
My Feedback: (1)

.......I said 3PJ i didn't include the 3pk because, it isn't in my range, its a totally different radio
Old 06-15-2008, 01:45 PM
Osirisf16

The hell...i thought for a second about that but is kust funny. Then from those two, i would choose the 3PM FOR SURE!!! Are you kidding? The 3PJ is dead since it's a simple PCM based design.

Here a picture of that you are telling me:

Old 06-15-2008, 02:37 PM
dacaur

Oh, I'm sorry. I have never even heard of the 3pJ and assumed you had made a typo and meant 3pK.... I checked out the 3PJ and it actualy looks pretty nice... I like the knob for ch3.... gives you better control of the channel than the 3PM. The 3pJ has quite a few more features than the 3PM, but its discontinued, so there is no chance of a 2.4 version... you could get a module for it, but that will will double the cost of the radio..... If 2.4 isn't a big deal to you then thats not a concern, but personally, I will never buy a new 72Mhz radio again.... I would rather have 0 chance of problems than any chance....

The 3pj is definitely a better radio if the 2 are the same price, but you wont get a warranty with it (since its discontinued)
Old 06-16-2008, 01:22 AM
Osirisf16

Yeah, 72 and 32 Mhz are dead. 2.4 Ghz rules now. The 3PM is your best choice. And why you think the 3PJK is discontinued since it's good? One reason, IS NOT SELLING WELL. The 3PM is based on 2.4 Ghz Fasst technology, and that makes the whole thing. What the 3PJ has that 3PM has not? Maybe those knobes are easy to spin while driving compare to the electronic board the 3PM has, but...Once you tune the electronics, there is no need to tune them again. Plus that the 3PM is more beautiful than the 3PJ, don't you think?
Old 07-04-2008, 10:09 PM
NitroVette

The 3PJ is a great radio especially if you are just bashing. I run 5 models with a 3pj and have never had a glitch with PCM or FM receivers including the Novak XXL synth. I don't know for certain but why wouldn't the Faast TX module for the 3PK work in a 3PJ ? My 3PJ's module works in my 15+ year old 3PB and vice versa. I am actually taking advantage of the fact that the 3PK is discontinued, I plan on buying the 3PK with synth TX module so I can continue to use my receivers.