Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

Newbie Question Reverse Servo?

Old 11-26-2008, 04:26 PM
pElf28p

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie Question Reverse Servo?

So I consider myself to be new to nitro rc. I have inherited an old Duratrax Axis that needed a new steering servo. I went to the hobbie shop, the guy told me a Traxxas 2055 servo would work. I installed it, and the steering is now reversed! I used the search function and found this http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=EXRA325, which is a 'Y' Harness. Can someone tell me if this is the exact one that I need? Or do I need a reverse 'module'? To be frank, I'm quite lost, as the language of RC electronics is foreign to me. Thanks! -Joe

Old 11-26-2008, 04:52 PM
systemlord

Default RE: Newbie Question Reverse Servo?

If your radio doesn't have any switches for servo reversing, then you do need a servo reversing module. What radio do you have? If I were you I'd just buy a T3Q for real cheap, this way you have servo reversing on all channels.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn36705.gif
Views:	13
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	1079472  
Old 11-26-2008, 05:41 PM
pElf28p

Will the T3Q work considering that I have a duratrax throttle servo? By the way, I have a duratrax radio. It came with the car. Are the reverse modules expensive?
Old 11-26-2008, 05:54 PM
Druss

I'm actually surprised that your radio doesn't have a reversing function, these are usually available even on stock RTR radios. Look around the radio and see if it has a switch anywhere labelled "steering" or "str" with a switch to nor/rev.
Old 11-26-2008, 06:55 PM
Argess

Never tried it, but I suppose you could swap the two end wires on the steering potentiometer inside the transmitter.
Old 11-26-2008, 07:53 PM
Karl the Mechan

I've tried it! And you're right, it works.
And it's free!
Old 11-26-2008, 08:54 PM
systemlord

ORIGINAL: Druss

I'm actually surprised that your radio doesn't have a reversing function, these are usually available even on stock RTR radios. Look around the radio and see if it has a switch anywhere labelled "steering" or "str" with a switch to nor/rev.
I have never seen any radio before not have servo reversing functions, you must have switches on your radio that are hidden well. Let us know if you don't have any switches for servo reversing.
Old 11-27-2008, 12:00 PM
pElf28p

Holy crap, that was an easy fix. Just a quick flick of a switch on my controller. Like I said, I am new to this; only two weeks in! Thanks again.