Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car Radio Equipment
Reload this Page >

Lipo pack for Futaba Junior anyone!!!

Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

Lipo pack for Futaba Junior anyone!!!

Old 03-26-2009, 07:35 PM
joeyhatch11

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lipo pack for Futaba Junior anyone!!!

I have a Futaba Magnum Junior and I would love to get my hands on a Lipo that'll fit nicely and still alow me to use the stock cover. I usually buy my Lipos from Hobbycity.com but I cant find one flat enough to fit. I would have to use a velcro strap around it. Can someone please help me..... Just looking for something 11.1v Dont need anything 11.4-12.6. Thanks, Joe
Old 03-26-2009, 08:03 PM
systemlord

Default RE: Lipo pack for Futaba Junior anyone!!!

Never heard of a Futaba Magnum Junior, but I think you are confused about a Lipos peak voltage. When you have an 11.1V 3cell Lipo or any 3cell Lipo, they typically peak out at 12.6 volts. My 7.4V 2cell Lipos peak out at 8.37V - 8.45V volts when charging is complete. Try A Main Hobbies for a Lipo for your needs, here's two that might fit.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/13502

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/13503
Old 03-27-2009, 05:36 AM
joeyhatch11

The Futaba Magnum Junior is a FM system. My buddy has one of his Hpi RS4 and I liked it so much I bought 2 of them. I'm just tired of charging my nihm's and would like to be able to run ALL day without worrying about the Tx power. I already use 900mah lipo 2S for my Rx packs and I get about 2 1/2 hours out of them. Could probably get more but I dont wanna push it. The first pack in your link looks perfect but I really wasn't trying to spend $60. Thats why I was looking on Hobbycity. Their lipos are great, I have quite a few, plus the prices can't be beat. But I guess if I can't find one cheaper, I'm going to have to get that. Thanks for the reply and the links. Joe
Old 03-27-2009, 07:27 PM
joeyhatch11

Can a receiver handle 14.4v's? Or will it smoke is super quick? Please answer soon. If it'll work, I'm going to wire it up tonight. Thanks Joe
Old 03-27-2009, 07:36 PM
systemlord

ORIGINAL: joeyhatch11

Can a receiver handle 14.4v's? Or will it smoke is super quick? Please answer soon. If it'll work, I'm going to wire it up tonight. Thanks Joe

NO, don't do it!! Receivers can handle just over 6.0V volts, anymore than that and you will fry more than just your receiver. You will fry anything connected to it!
Old 03-27-2009, 08:19 PM
joeyhatch11

I'm sorry I screwed that one up. I ment my Transmitter not the receiver. I'm using a 7.4v lipo in my Rx and have been doing so for about a year now and I haven't had one fry on me yet. But Im sure if that was 8.4v or better it would smoke. But yeah, I need to know about my Transmitter. I've read people are up around 12.6v with no problems but I was thinking of wiring two of my small 900mah 7.4v lipos together and using that. I have a Deans Y connector for them. But I dont want to hook it up if it's going to cook my Tx. Let me know, thanks, Joe
Old 03-27-2009, 09:56 PM
systemlord

ORIGINAL: joeyhatch11

I'm sorry I screwed that one up. I ment my Transmitter not the receiver. I'm using a 7.4v lipo in my Rx and have been doing so for about a year now and I haven't had one fry on me yet. But Im sure if that was 8.4v or better it would smoke. But yeah, I need to know about my Transmitter. I've read people are up around 12.6v with no problems but I was thinking of wiring two of my small 900mah 7.4v lipos together and using that. I have a Deans Y connector for them. But I dont want to hook it up if it's going to cook my Tx. Let me know, thanks, Joe
The only thing stopping me from going Lipo in my transmitters is that if for some strange reason the Lipo decides to puff up, only two things would cause this to happen. (1) let it discharge to far below 9V volts, (2) overcharging. The question I have is what happens to a Lipo when its lifecycle has been reached, do they puff up at all?
Old 03-28-2009, 06:52 AM
joeyhatch11

I had a small 900mah 2S lipo in my mini-t. After running one time I went to swap out batteries and saw that it was starting to puff up a bit. Dont know what caused it but it never blew up or anything. I just got rid of it and since then have had no issues with my lipos.