Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

Spektrum 2.4 in car help

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2009, 12:11 PM
jwmachon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spektrum 2.4 in car help

Hi,

I have just my ar500 receiver in my fg car and set it all up and it works gr8 the only problem in that the throttle only kicks in when it is above hhalf way on the throttle stick on the tx, it is throttle on left that i use on my planes.

Is there anyway i can get arounf this or is it simply because the servos are different to what i use on my planes

Thanks,

Jonny
Old 05-08-2009, 01:31 AM
dacaur

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Spektrum 2.4 in car help

Sounds like its acting exactly as it should.... In an air radio, "zero throttle" (stick all the way down) is what a surface radio would see as "full brake/reverse". What is called "Zero throttle" in a surface radio is actualy 50% servo travel, not 0%.
With a servo, there is no difference in the way the servo acts to radio commands from a surface or air radio, the difference is that a surface radio has a spring to return the throttle to 50% travel, (which is considered neutral for surface radios), while an air radio has no such spring, so you might think that "zero throttle" is stick all the way down like in a plane, but its really stick in the middle, halfway between full down and full up. Up from middle is throttle, down is brakes. Its exactly the same as it would be in a surface stick radio, but the surface stick radio has a spring that returns the stick to the middle on the throttle... So with your air radio in a car, you are saying you have no throttle action till 50% stick, which is to be expected, since prior to that, its applying the brakes.... If its a computer radio there are ways around it, but none that are really safe except just adding a spring so that the stick returns to center.... It can be done, but you would have to search for directions... or just remember that "neutral" is half stick and hope you never drop the radio with the throttle on ...