Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car Radio Equipment
Reload this Page >

2.4ghz tx antenna for the reciever?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

2.4ghz tx antenna for the reciever?

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2009, 02:29 PM
cannouu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2.4ghz tx antenna for the reciever?

hey guys, i am getting the mx-3 fg fhss-2 on black friday for $99.99. i noticed teh reciever has an antenna length of 4 1/2 inches. i have many spare wifi antennas like this http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXVUC8&P=7from computer parts, identical to the ones used on the radios. i removed a connector from one of the parts and now i was wondering if i could solder the end on the antenna onto the adapter, then onto the antenna. would it even give higher range? or even cut the antenna down and hook it up to the wifi antenna which is almost exact same length. i heard something about antennas being no shorter than 4 ", the wifi antenna is 4 1/2.

i really like the look of it and id benefit from using a thicker plastic antenna that would ever ge tin the way of my gears, heat, or anything.