Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

DX3R or DX3S for racing.....

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2010, 09:14 PM
pistolpete01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DX3R or DX3S for racing.....

I know this has been discused about a million times, and sorry if I bring it up one more time. I am getting into the local racing scene and I just ordered an RC8T RTR from Tower Hobbies but I also want to get a Spektrum radio for it. I was at the track last weekend and everyone seemed to have the DX3R. At first I liked the DX3S because of price and the telemtry crap, but it seems that the DX3R is geared more towards racing. What do you all think? Local hobby shop said both were good radios and I could use either for racing but I think they really wanted to sell the DX3S because they had it in stock and the DX3R they had to order.
Old 03-11-2010, 01:08 PM
bigblock454XXL
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: DX3R or DX3S for racing.....

DX3S is cheaper. As far as I know the major difference between the two is DX3S has 10 Model Memory and the DX3R has a 30 Model Memory. I own the DX3S and I like it.
Old 03-11-2010, 03:31 PM
ugglasdav

well the Dx3r has faster response than the Dx3s, which helps when racing, if i were you i would go with the Dx3r becouse i have heard bad things about the Dx3s regarding quality etc
Old 03-11-2010, 05:42 PM
pistolpete01

Thanks for the responses. I already ordered a DX3R from AMain Hobbies. Should get it tomorrow and will test it out with my RC8T see how it does.