Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car Videos
Reload this Page >

Kyosho Mini-Z 4x4 Toyota 4Runner - NEW Quick Sand with Accessory Parts version

Notices
RC Car Videos Place your links to rc car videos in this dedicated forum. Please include clip title and short description plus filesize and format (wmv, rm, mpg, mov)

Kyosho Mini-Z 4x4 Toyota 4Runner - NEW Quick Sand with Accessory Parts version

Old 10-06-2021, 05:28 AM
BlackSeaRC

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Kyosho Mini-Z 4x4 Toyota 4Runner - NEW Quick Sand with Accessory Parts version

It is time for a smaller scale RC vehicle to join the BlackSeaRC collection. The Kyosho Mini-Z 4x4 has been around for quite a while so I decided to see if it is as good as it looks. I am a big fan of scale realism and this new version caught my attention. The Toyota 4Runner "Quick Sand with Accessory Parts" edition further adds to the scale realism by adding new features on the injection-moulded hard body. The level of detailing really is superb for a 1:24 scale RC vehicle.

In the video below, I unbox this new version of the Mini-Z and take a close-up look at all the features. This is a "readyset" and a true "hobby grade" machine in a mini package that can be used indoors or outside.

Old 10-07-2021, 12:55 AM
richardwilde90

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great vid! whats the top speed on this btw?
Old 10-07-2021, 01:02 AM
richardwilde90

I wish the Katana door would open. But, i see why they have done that as to keep it dry inside if you ever decide to take it in water.
Old 10-07-2021, 02:17 AM
BlackSeaRC

Default Kyosho Mini-Z 4x4 Toyota 4Runner Quick Sand

Originally Posted by richardwilde90 View Post
Great vid! whats the top speed on this btw?
The top speed is between 3.3kph and 6.6kph depending upon which pinion gear you use. There is a selection of sizes provided in the box so you can set up your vehicle to suit the type of use (either slow speed crawling or slightly faster speed trail driving).

BlackSeaRC
Old 10-07-2021, 02:26 AM
BlackSeaRC

Originally Posted by richardwilde90 View Post
I wish the Katana door would open. But, i see why they have done that as to keep it dry inside if you ever decide to take it in water.
Unfortunately the doors don't open on either the Kyosho Mini-Z or the ROC Hobby Katana. They do however open on the new ROC Hobby/FMS Model Suzuki Jimny. The ROC Hobby products use waterproof electronics so you can take them through puddles but with the Kyosho product you have to be much more cautious as it is not waterproof. I'm not sure opening doors would really affect the ingress of water much as there are many holes for water to enter the interior of the Katana anyway. It has inner fenders to stop it getting too muddy, unlike the Kyosho which has the body totally open from the underside.

BlackSeaRC
Old 10-15-2021, 08:36 AM
bartenational

I wish you could get any of these without the radio. I already have too many radios and I have room for more on my Spektrum. otherwise Cool Video!
Old Today, 07:07 AM
BlackSeaRC

Originally Posted by bartenational View Post
I wish you could get any of these without the radio. I already have too many radios and I have room for more on my Spektrum. otherwise Cool Video!
I know what you mean, I have 25 different radio control handsets now! The thing is, the quality of handsets included with RTR RC models varies considerably. This one at least is not too bad but some are truly awful.
​​​​​