Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car Videos
Reload this Page >

FG Big Foot - My first Videos

Notices
RC Car Videos Place your links to rc car videos in this dedicated forum. Please include clip title and short description plus filesize and format (wmv, rm, mpg, mov)

FG Big Foot - My first Videos

Old 08-21-2005, 08:21 PM
p113

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: FG Big Foot - My first Videos

for all u people that say u dont run the lawn mover in ur forgetting that ur average lawnmover cant do 60-80mph of have a performane pipe and ive never known a lownmower engine to do 19500rpm be4 although really every engine in the world should be run in even the modern car (real ones) although no1 does
Old 08-31-2005, 07:46 PM
project5k

well i just bought a new chevy truck late last year and i did the break in procedure...it wasnt really all that hard, just had to remember not to full throttle it in the first 500 miles.....
Old 12-21-2005, 05:24 PM
wayneuk

here is a uk international supply of fg 1/6 scale cars in the uk & almost everything else u would want or need www.kevsracingbits.com
and they accept pay pal
quote ref: wayneuk rcuniverse.com they may even give u a little discount (currently negotiating )
Old 12-21-2005, 07:14 PM
J_D

I myself have just bought a traveller and i will be 'breaking it in' Theres no harm going easy on it to start with. You might not break in ur weed eater engine, but thats up to you. I break in all my engines.. Lawn mowers, 1:1 car engines, everything.

I bought my traveller for $900 AU RTR
Old 12-21-2005, 09:09 PM
cornelje

After buying and selling 30+ pocket bikes, and doing the initial run in on them, I can surely say that "breaking in" does NOT mean idleing a tank or 2. I tried all sorts of different break in procedures, from idle tanks to constant 1/4 throttle to short blips of 1/4 throttle.

For these small 2 stroke engines I found the ones that pulled the hardest and wound out the highest were the ones I went out and beat on. Didn't hold it wide open, but didn't idle it either.

The explanation I have for this is that the rings need to seat correctly. When the throttle is pushed, there is a positive pressure in the crankcase. When you are revving high and let off the throttle, there is more of a vacuum. I would get going about half throttle, and then get it up to WOT, and then let off. Variation is the key.

Just a little bit of my personal experience.
Old 12-22-2005, 09:40 AM
J_D

just realised how old this thread is.. no wonder the links are dead now