Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Videos Place your links to rc car videos in this dedicated forum. Please include clip title and short description plus filesize and format (wmv, rm, mpg, mov)

200 mph+

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2006, 09:43 AM
3DSAVAGE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 200 mph+

Dude that is fast!!!! didn't the guy look like he was getting dizzy?
Old 01-20-2006, 02:23 PM
WatcherKid

wow. old. repost.
Old 01-27-2006, 10:30 AM

thats not just cool thast koooooooooooooool. with a k.
Old 02-13-2006, 09:27 PM
tidus10

ORIGINAL: PaperMoon

Hi,
I hope you don’t mind but I thought I would jump in with a physics correction.
The tether holds the car in a circular path by centripetal force. There is no such thing in this universe as centrifugal force. It is just one of those things where people insist on using a word to explain or describe a perceived force when it is actually the absence of a force that they are witnessing. Centrifugal force (no such thing remember) is the word used to describe the absence of centripetal force accelerating an object into a circular path. Everybody just uses that word but that force does not exist.

Next, if I could only find a way to get the president to stop saying NUKEULAR when the real word is NUCLEAR. It’s kind of scary when a man has control of a huge nuclear arsenal and he isn’t even smart enough to pronounce the word correctly.
no offence but you didnt have to say all that to prove it wrong.. just say "watch the birds in the background" birds in this video fly really really fast.. its rather amazing....
Old 02-13-2006, 09:39 PM
discgolfer72

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i hate to tell you this but that vid is a fake if u watch te birds in the sky u can tell the vid has benn speed up i saw the vid about 2 years ago and we checked it out the car actualy only goes about 70 mph some kid took the vid of an actual tether car and messed with it

rember the world record for a rc car is 111 mph with an electric
Old 02-13-2006, 10:47 PM
Hyper7PCRMan

I seen it before about 5 years ago. It is old video. It was cool.
Old 02-27-2006, 03:12 PM
MacPatton

Look at the big brain on Brad!!!!--- Pupl Fiction THAT IS FAKE AS HELL. WATCH THE BIRD THAT COMES INTO THE SCREEN AT ABOUT 50 SECONDS. EITHER ITS SPED UP FILM OR THAT BIRDS ON SOME SERIOUS SPEED>[:'(]
Old 02-27-2006, 05:04 PM
cossie

what a way to bring back an old topic!!... anyway its not fake birds can be extremly fast espically the small ones look at the flag in the wind that isnt going mentally fast its nice and slow.. the video isnt fake is fine
Old 03-13-2006, 11:07 PM
cheeseclip

it cant be 200mph cos the fasted recorded was electric and went 111mph
Old 03-13-2006, 11:20 PM
J_D

they are 200mph, they are tether cars, so they are not really "rc's" because you can;t really control them.... they just go aorund i na circle,

and I'm pretty sure u have no control over the throttle... its just 100% until its out of fuel... no clutches either I'm pretty sure... just a nitro engine and some tall tall gears
Old 03-14-2006, 03:24 PM
MacPatton

Still think its fake.
Old 03-14-2006, 04:48 PM
bentgear

Most likely real and not sped up that much if any. Tether cars have been around since well before the Frog or Grasshopper came along. They have also been going 200 MPH since well before then also. BTW, that ain't no bird and what was wrong with the flag? While they are not Radio Controlled, they are still interesting to watch. They also require a good bit of knowledge to operate successfully.

Ed M.
Old 03-16-2006, 03:23 PM
chase044
My Feedback: (1)

the birds you guys are reffering to arent birds. they are butter flys. they are very close to the camera. the flag stays consistent the whole time. you can even watch the smoke from the car. it just bearly moves. to speed up a vid from a car going lets say 40 to 200 the smoke would move and dissapate much faster than that. also you can tell they are butterflys because when they go in front of the camera. the wall the camera is on is like 20-25 feet away and a bird would not look that small. back to the flag. the flag moves the same the whole time it doesnt speed up atall. it may move a little more b/c of a slight gust of wind but thats it.

ive seen this vid many times and everytime it amazes< wether or not it is rc. getting something to go this fast is awsome. if you watch clasly you can even see that the wire connecting it stretches. the car moves towards the endge like 2 inches. its really cool. maybe you guys havent noticed it, paying too much attention to the butterfly that you guys think are virds i guess. everytime someone post this video people bring up that they've seen before and its a repost, then after that is done someonie brings up what they think is a bird and say oh its a fake. its not real. aLso if it was sped up the car would have more of a high pitched sounds and would be kinda zingy. this is not the case in this video.
Old 03-26-2006, 04:09 PM
silent_echo

its real man u guys are really slow just because it hits 200 you think its fake . the bird your reffering to flies infront of the camer probably a fly or something and the flag is moving normally geeze im just a kid and i can figure that one out
Old 03-26-2006, 08:39 PM
MacPatton

Its fake.
Old 03-26-2006, 09:28 PM
J_D

ORIGINAL: PaperMoon

Hi,
I hope you don’t mind but I thought I would jump in with a physics correction.
The tether holds the car in a circular path by centripetal force. There is no such thing in this universe as centrifugal force. It is just one of those things where people insist on using a word to explain or describe a perceived force when it is actually the absence of a force that they are witnessing. Centrifugal force (no such thing remember) is the word used to describe the absence of centripetal force accelerating an object into a circular path. Everybody just uses that word but that force does not exist.

Next, if I could only find a way to get the president to stop saying NUKEULAR when the real word is NUCLEAR. It’s kind of scary when a man has control of a huge nuclear arsenal and he isn’t even smart enough to pronounce the word correctly.
there is centripetal and centrifugal forces, each act in different directions.

In newtonian (classical) mechanics, the centrifugal force is the fictious force.. or something

but it does exist in physics, its used in non-intertial and intertial frames of reference when calculating forces on objects
Old 03-26-2006, 10:57 PM
ryan_t888

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Its fake.
I have seen these tether cars before. The one I saw had no clutch, small 1oz fuel cell, no throttle or steering servos. It was clocked by radar at 187mph. This is extremely fast and the video posted did not appear to look that much faster, but who can tell at those speeds.

Look at the 10cc class: http://www.amrca.com/wmreslts.htm

Ryan
Old 04-08-2006, 11:10 AM
hn racing

bird on spliff and drunk
Old 04-09-2006, 12:11 AM
unclezesta
My Feedback: (1)

"Lois, its nucular, not nuclear! The s is silent!"
Old 08-14-2007, 10:04 PM
SaVaGe MaN SS

i had went to one of those races and the tether had actually broken and the car hit the barrier like a rocket i thought it was hilarious.
Old 09-08-2007, 07:33 PM
Sacagawea

To me it kind of looks like they fast forward it a bit towards the end.
Old 09-08-2007, 07:36 PM
ryan_t888

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Well they didn't

Ryan
Old 09-09-2007, 03:36 PM
Mr. Mugen

Well I never saw it before and was fasinated by it. I wonder why it is that everyone who has seen it before must be so negative? Who cares! If it's fake or real or r/c or tether.......it's not yours! It belongs to a fellow who is having a great time apparently. It is funny how many people on here are "so sure" of themselves but most are dead wrong. Is negativity ruling online now a day? It's a car and it's fast......so be it. Thanks for the vid.
Old 10-15-2007, 04:27 AM
ttoks

if you look closly, at the end that apears to be a butterfly not a bird lol, its a lot close then it seems to look.

and they're not Rc, at least none at the tether track in the city here were, until a car broke loose at 270 KMH and hit a kid in the shoulder and killed him.
Old 10-18-2007, 11:32 AM
performancehobbies

even though i posted this video on here about 2 years ago --i like how it really gets going at the end ,,oh yea

and yes it would be cool if it came off the rope and ramped into a group of people LOL,,,sorry just a thought