Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Videos Place your links to rc car videos in this dedicated forum. Please include clip title and short description plus filesize and format (wmv, rm, mpg, mov)

"LST MONSTER" video.

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2005, 04:39 PM
xXADDPOSITIVEXx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: "LST MONSTER" video.

yeah that video was pretty cool. yo that haunted house things was cool too
Old 03-31-2005, 04:53 PM
Cummins

xXADDPOSITIVEXx, welcome to RCU
Old 04-02-2005, 03:33 PM
Savage_Dias

I thought it would be a dark & creepy video at 1st but after a few jumps it was like watching a loop. Consistency is great on a track but bashing requires some variety. Decent attempt though. Music was cool but I think some White or Rob Zombie would've fit the cheesy aspect of it a little better.
Old 04-02-2005, 05:17 PM
LST GOD

Not bad, not bad at all, on most of those jumps you could have done backflips and your LST looks custom on the appearance but has true Team Losi blood pumping through its veins, nice music, nice touch of the trucks in the casket at the end, what did you use to edit the video
Old 04-02-2005, 08:17 PM
B4-jumper-X

it was a little repeatative with the indoor scenes.. u could have edited out some of the lamer jumps.. the extra monster filmage was cool. i don't like slipknot too much but it definately carries on the monster theme. i think u knew what type of audience u wanted to attract... what happened to the wheel in the end... TIGHT!!
Old 04-05-2005, 10:26 PM
slipknot
My Feedback: (5)

kick ass video man
Old 04-05-2005, 11:54 PM
nicholsm04
My Feedback: (-1)

well, being a n00b at making videos myself, i cant say much, but i will say this...
the extras were really cool, but you need more variety on jumps & stuff... just a suggestion. Other than that the video was great, i loved the music, and the cutscenes were really cool. Good job.
Old 04-10-2005, 07:03 PM
aldarondo

Hey guys I'm planning to buy a new rc truck(my old pede has retired) less than $300(short budget) and preferably nitro now I'f seen a couple I just don"t know much about nitro trucks so I was looking for some advice.
Old 04-14-2005, 11:41 AM
soulja4187

Damn the video Rocks i seen it like 5 times and the music goes well with it
Old 04-15-2005, 12:39 PM
Cummins

ORIGINAL: aldarondo

Hey guys I'm planning to buy a new rc truck(my old pede has retired) less than $300(short budget) and preferably nitro now I'f seen a couple I just don"t know much about nitro trucks so I was looking for some advice.
And completely off topic of the post of the week goes to...
Old 04-16-2005, 09:20 AM
madmark

great truck control
Old 04-16-2005, 12:38 PM
Ahab

very nice vid there. I agree with most posters that it could have done with some more/different footage rather than just the one ramp in the middle of the floor - but whilst some might call that boring, your editing and attempt at something "different" made it a lot more interesting than most vids of a guy with 1 ramp in 1 location (which is most of them).

I might be the only one, but I thought the pan-shot round the truck was about right - another lap, or much more with the body on and it would have become dull, but it wasnt that bad - it fitted the break in the track.
As for musical choices, then you will never please everyone - I am not a Slipknot fan (although I think Mick Thompson may be one of the best active guitarists around, even if Ross Robinson wouldnt let him play-tw@) but the music fitted the vid (I would have used something by rob zombie too though), if you had created a vid with lots of truck sliding round a frozen pond then "Swan Lake" would fit. Go with what you feel is right for the piece. (but if you are taking requests: W.Y.S.I.W.Y.G by PitchShifter!!!! )

if thats your first attempt, then i, for one, want to see a lot more! a few more locations and a little more attention to the rhythm of the music and you will have one of the best!

....and if you go back to the "Old Mall" then try and hit the ceiling this time - I was longing to see a tile lift and the truck to be stuck in the crawlspace
Old 04-20-2005, 03:32 PM
kylep55

Dude you have good taste. slipknot is the best. Lst rocks. Combining them is awesome. I was waiting for a monster truck vid with slipknot. The video seams very professionally edited. Duality was a good choice for the song. [sm=devious.gif]
Old 05-15-2005, 07:14 AM
FTWOTHTB

AHAB..Regarding your post about only having one jump in the middle of the floor...remember...this is in doors on a concrete floor not your typical outdoor track with multiple sized jumps and turns. Why can't we just observe a great fideo and give someone credit for something many of us could not even begin to do. I loved the video with it''s attempt to tell a little story. Monster truck,pened up in jail , breaking out then going wild on these crazy jumps. The truck breaks and ennds up in a casket...WOW. What great driving and control of a vehicle in flight. GREAT JOB...Much better than a truck just running around some outdoor field..Thanks again DBM
Old 05-15-2005, 09:29 AM
thegriffsintown

J'Z AHAB, Stop trying to be steven speilberg please. Its just a video man, calm yourself.
Old 05-15-2005, 10:45 PM
sticky420

Just wanted to comment on this. As far as the video footage goes its a bit boring, 1 jump over and over got old quick. The video style itself I thought was a good and welcome change on the usual stuff you find on the web. I give the guy credit for stepping up and and showing his own artistic style on something. My crew and I are actually in the middle of filming our debut video which will be out on DVD and available on our site ( 420-inc.com ) and I personally would like to congratulate the director of this film on his artistic eye and taking the time to put it together and the courage to put up with the criticisms that go along with showing the public your work. Not my style music or what I would have wanted but the editing and intro were phenomenal examples of what you learn in film school, and put together very well. Congratulations to the director for a film that deserves credit. Problem is you might be showing it to the wrong audience, I think it would get more respect on some of the independent small film sites out there. I for one would like to talk to the director so if you read this email me. For a preview of the 420-Inc DVD visit my sites.
[email protected]
Sticky-Productions.com

[link=http://www.sticky-productions.com]Sticky-Productions[/link] [link=http://www.420live.net]420 Live[/link]

[link=http://www.420-inc.com]Extreme RC Clips[/link]

[img][/img]
Old 05-16-2005, 07:15 PM
evaderguy89

Overall sweet vid, but the skull that showed up at first kinda were creepy. Didnt expect it and all of a sudden...BAM! Great video though. 9.5/10
Old 05-16-2005, 08:16 PM
jefx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: sticky420

Just wanted to comment on this. As far as the video footage goes its a bit boring, 1 jump over and over got old quick. The video style itself I thought was a good and welcome change on the usual stuff you find on the web. I give the guy credit for stepping up and and showing his own artistic style on something. My crew and I are actually in the middle of filming our debut video which will be out on DVD and available on our site ( 420-inc.com ) and I personally would like to congratulate the director of this film on his artistic eye and taking the time to put it together and the courage to put up with the criticisms that go along with showing the public your work. Not my style music or what I would have wanted but the editing and intro were phenomenal examples of what you learn in film school, and put together very well. Congratulations to the director for a film that deserves credit. Problem is you might be showing it to the wrong audience, I think it would get more respect on some of the independent small film sites out there. I for one would like to talk to the director so if you read this email me. For a preview of the 420-Inc DVD visit my sites.
[email protected]
Sticky-Productions.com

[link=http://www.sticky-productions.com]Sticky-Productions[/link] [link=http://www.420live.net]420 Live[/link]

[link=http://www.420-inc.com]Extreme RC Clips[/link]

[img][/img]

Thank's for the kind words from everyone, and also thanks for the honest critism from those who didn't care for the video. It was filmed in the winter in Northern Illinois, at an indoor location. I didn't really have the ability to film different locations because of the blistering cold outside temps, so it was limited to one location.

I wouldn't consider myself a director, and I never went to film school............I never even went to college. I'm a construction worker who builds roads for Illinois.

That was my first attempt at editing my own footage. I made a couple "Tribute" videos of the LST that were comprised of other people's footage from the web, but contained none of my own footage. I'll post more video over the summer as I get more footage, and I'll be sure to mix it up a bit more.
Old 05-16-2005, 08:51 PM
jefx

Here's a link to the " LST Tribute" video I edited.

[link=http://www.rcpics.net/view_single.php?medid=51224]CLICK.[/link]

I edited it from many different video's posted on the web. Richard Trujillo from Team Losi passed it around to the people at Team Losi after I posted it here at RCU. They all enjoyed it.
Old 05-22-2005, 03:39 PM
alvinm

What are the wheels and tires on your truck?
Old 05-22-2005, 04:11 PM
LoSiSuPeRtRuCk
My Feedback: (-1)

sticky420, your website sucks. jefx one video was better than your whole site
Old 05-22-2005, 06:16 PM
jefx

ORIGINAL: alvinm

What are the wheels and tires on your truck?

XTM Meats (tires) and XTM chrome Pentos (wheels).
Old 05-22-2005, 07:25 PM
TheBurninator666

wow man, you continue to impress me.

i like that comment in the beginning... lol
I think you're the best editor i've seen for a while on this site.
liked the music too. Hey if you make another video, there's a song called Right Where I Belong from 3 Doors Down, it's a good rc video, or Remedy from Seether. Or just some more slipknot!

come on! make some more videos!

Corey
Old 05-22-2005, 07:45 PM
alvinm

They look sweet,Do they sell them rtu or seperately?
Old 05-22-2005, 08:51 PM
jefx

ORIGINAL: alvinm

They look sweet,Do they sell them rtu or seperately?

I got them [link=http://www.hobbypeople.net/gallery/145530.asp]HERE.[/link]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.