Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Classic Cars & Trucks
Reload this Page >

I want to build an RC 1948-1952 chevy truck.

Notices
RC Classic Cars & Trucks Have a classic that is at least 15 years or older? Discuss it here!

I want to build an RC 1948-1952 chevy truck.

Old 08-13-2012, 05:28 PM
LTDirty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I want to build an RC 1948-1952 chevy truck.

I want to build around a 1950's chevy truck. I want it to be legit. And prefer 4x4 if possible. And a metal body. or dycast or whatever. Just not plastic. I want it to have some weight.
I will eventually be towing a boat with it. I dont want big tires. Scale size factory wheels. This will be a mid/long term project I know.
But I need someone to help me and point me in the right direction.

Old 08-27-2012, 01:38 PM
red_beard

Default RE: I want to build an RC 1948-1952 chevy truck.

Lt Dirty your thought sounds cool however, lol, your first problem you may have realized is that diecast/metal bodys for larger r/c cars, as appose to just scaled non rc cars, does not really exsist. youd almost have to source out the body of your liking from another car/truck model and then fit the oppropriate rc chassis under it. IMO the rc market has advanced pretty good in the detail thats found on the current lexan bodys, but perhaps not an original 5 window chevy pick up. Much like my thread i see a lot of lookers but know one hardly replies on this site unless your in their click. So i thought id chime in so you didnt feel past up on thoughts. Good luck and take care.

Old 10-11-2012, 09:10 PM
Mitch58

Default RE: I want to build an RC 1948-1952 chevy truck.

Proline makes a nice 5 window 50 chevy pick up. It is made for the Stampede or Rustler, but you could make a nice little scaler of about 1/12th scale out of it. I put it on my old Rustler and it looks pretty good. I would include a photo but I just signed up and I'm not sure how yet.