Community
Search
Notices
RC Classic Cars & Trucks Have a classic that is at least 15 years or older? Discuss it here!

Kyosho Pegasus/Icarus Axles

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2012, 02:24 PM
fireball451

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kyosho Pegasus/Icarus Axles

I have just got back into RC buggies and restored some that I had back in high school.
They are the Kyosho Pegasus and Icarus models.
I have a few old broken and worn rear axles that I saved from a few accidents back in the days.
The bushings cut groves into them that I was able to correct by filling with, machning back down, and installing bearings.
I have a few axles that broke by a flip, just starting a nut onto it or dropping it (these things are pathetic cheap pot metal).
I just recently broke my last good (starting a nut onto it!).
I have managed to center drill and tap an axle for a 2-56 screw.
I installed it onto the left side of the car and added a little lock-tight to the threads.
I know there is alot of these buggies out there (including the Cosmo and Cox Bandido).
The driveshafts are usually worn down also and will fly out.
Since axles are pretty much non-existant, has anybody tried to come up with a retro-fit using a different set of axles and drive shafts?
I have been looking at various axle/driveshaft assemblies from different Tamiya models.
I hate to just let these cars sit around and let the newer ones get all the running.
These buggies were always fun.....
Thanks!

Old 01-21-2013, 04:51 PM
Rehabber
My Feedback: (9)

Default RE: Kyosho Pegasus/Icarus Axles

I have a PL 10 Kyosho wheel shaft set that is New in the original package that contains 2 wheel shafts etc. for the Icarus,Pegasus and Cosmo.I would be willing to sell it for a reasonable offer. Let me know if you're interested>
Old 01-22-2013, 09:24 AM
fireball451

Thanks, but I actually located a new set. I would still like to come up with a way to use a different set of axles and driveshafts. I'm sure these will eventually break as well....
Old 01-22-2013, 11:35 AM
Rehabber

I don't think that we had problems with breaking. We still have a Cosmo and Icarus.
Old 01-23-2013, 06:56 PM
fireball451

They are like pot metal. A good flip and they snap. Can snap putting on wheel nut.
Drive shafts wear out bad too.
My cars have alot of miles on them.
Old 09-14-2019, 04:29 PM
rustypep
My Feedback: (6)

I know this is an old tread. I was wrapping up a rebuild of my old Icarus after being in a box thirty years. I sheared one of the rear hub shafts clean off when I was putting on the nut. I checked eBay and didn’t see any there, Anybody have an ideas on where I can find one or a pair? I was just putting on the last tire after finishing soldering and putting in a new RX when it happened. Any help or ideas would be appreciated.
Old 09-14-2019, 05:13 PM
Rehabber

I still have a wheel shaft set for the Pegasus, Icarus, and Cosmo. It is Kyosho part 500.It contains both front and rear axles,spacers, and aircraft mounting nuts. These parts are extremely rare. I could sell them for $60 shipped.

Last edited by Rehabber; 09-14-2019 at 05:24 PM. Reason: Wrong price