Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Classic Cars & Trucks
Reload this Page >

which tires for HPI MT mesh on lunchbox?

Notices
RC Classic Cars & Trucks Have a classic that is at least 15 years or older? Discuss it here!

which tires for HPI MT mesh on lunchbox?

Old 02-02-2013, 10:01 PM
lunchie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which tires for HPI MT mesh on lunchbox?

I'm sick and tired of the lunchbox not having any traction. i'm going to buy some HPI MT mesh wheels for it and have no idea which tires to get...
its run mostly on grass and dirt and about 5% tarmac so i need something that is roughly the same outside diameter and HAS MORE GRIP than the lunchbox tires and will last a reasonable period of time. are the dirt hawgs much better than the lunchie tires? they dont look substantially different in design?

i'm also looking at getting a street rover for son#2 and will probably get some offroad tires for that too...
any suggestions?

so far proline dirt hawg 2 and gladiators look ok?
Old 02-03-2013, 10:16 AM
The Mad Modder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: which tires for HPI MT mesh on lunchbox?

I'd go with the dirthawg 2's over the gladiators because they'll last much longer if you do much driving on tarmac. I had a set of DH2's on my traxxas sledgehammer for a while. They're pretty good for general purpose tires. They did seem to be a little grippier that lb stock tires, at least on pavement.