Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Classic Cars & Trucks
Reload this Page >

My first real hobby grade RC.....need parts

Community
Search
Notices
RC Classic Cars & Trucks Have a classic that is at least 15 years or older? Discuss it here!

My first real hobby grade RC.....need parts

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2014, 05:06 PM
gagallagher04401
My Feedback: (20)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My first real hobby grade RC.....need parts

My father went into a local general store 1998 in our little Maine town, I was in 8th grade. He came out with a free flyer that had RC vehicles in it. I started looking through it. I was hooked! I got a subscription to RC car action. I read, and read, the magazines were falling apart I read them so many times. I asked for a nitro RC truck for Christmas that year. That Christmas eve night my grandfather had a massive stroke on the side of the highway and pasted away on Christmas eve. Needless to say Christmas was not the happiest. I did however receive a brand new in the box a Duratrax Maximum ST RTR. Back then was like 300.00. I LOVED this truck, modified it, hopped it up, better motor, shocks, custom chassis etc.. made a entry level 1/10th scale truck into a pretty impressive little truck.

Lets fast forward..... I went away to college, moved away for work afterwards, the truck sat in my old closet at my folks for years.
I am now 31, have my own home, etc...I now have many gasoline giant scale, nitro, and brushless planes, I have a HPI Baja 5B SS, and bought one for my father as well.

BUT I still have my maximum ST. In great condition, looks good, runs good, just has a lot of sentimental meaning to me. It is amazing how far RC has come over the years. That That all being said I still run my Maximum ST it here and there, but parts are really no where to be found, some here and there, EBAY, RCU, RC groups, etc...

I have said all of this to say if any has any Maximum ST/BX parts I would love to take them off your hands. I want to keep my little ST alive as long as I can, I want to have spare parts kicking around so I do not have to be afraid to run her if I want to.

Thanks for taking to the time to read all that
I will post pics of the truck so everyone can get a look at the ol' girl.

Thanks
George
Old 03-06-2014, 09:03 AM
Big Alice

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...I=DTXC0090&P=X
Old 03-06-2014, 09:26 AM
gagallagher04401

Thanks Big Alice. yes tower does have some parts, not all though, most have been discontinued., example... spur gear. Pretty important part for running, you strip it, good luck finding another one.

Also that link was for the ST pro. with the 2-speed I have the original with the .12 single speed. Still most part interchangeable, but most have been discontinued.

Thanks
George
Old 03-07-2014, 03:10 AM
DWT74

Can you get part#, ive got a lot of Duratrax NIP parts.
Old 03-07-2014, 04:04 AM
gagallagher04401

I will get some part numbers for you, but I am interested in all the parts I can get for the truck. A good amount of the parts from the BX version will fit also. ex. spur gears, suspensions arms, dog bones, shocks, etc...

What do you have for parts for the truck? I am interested in EVERYTHING for it.

Thanks
George
Old 03-09-2014, 04:19 PM
DWT74

Originally Posted by gagallagher04401
I will get some part numbers for you, but I am interested in all the parts I can get for the truck. A good amount of the parts from the BX version will fit also. ex. spur gears, suspensions arms, dog bones, shocks, etc...

What do you have for parts for the truck? I am interested in EVERYTHING for it.

Thanks
George
Im not that familiar with Duratrax, but heres some of what i have. Parts for EVST/EVBX,EXB,EVST,EXB,NEVBX. I have a ton of other Duratax parts, but for other RCs. I do not have any Duratrax spur gears. Hope this helps.