Notices
RC Classic Cars & Trucks Have a classic that is at least 15 years or older? Discuss it here!

Traxxas Cat

Old 08-25-2020, 06:39 AM
Overvolted

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Traxxas Cat

Im restoring a Traxxas Cat using all NOS parts except for a TBG body and MCI Racing graphics. Im stuck on the rear tires though as Traxxas must have reused the part numbers for the rear. So far both sets of tires I ordered are way too big. Can anyone point me in the right direction for rear tires that will look close to original using the stock wheels?

Im building two of these buggies, the above one will be stock using the original electronics that work great including the radio which I restored and the other is going to be a runner however, it has been modified for speed runs(Cat Basher) which im shooting for around 55 mph to start.

What started out as a parts buggy for my Golden Arrow turned into two more vintage buggies in my fleet. Any help with the tires is appreciated.

Last edited by Overvolted; 08-25-2020 at 06:41 AM. Reason: wording
Old 08-27-2020, 07:51 PM
Overvolted

So it looks like tires from a Tamiya Grasshopper fit well. Im going to try a new set as the ones I have on hand are old and worn. I will also try them on some Golden Arrow wheels. They look very close to the original pin tread design however, they do have some embossed writing on them calling out the tire size. Will update when tires come in.
Old 09-01-2020, 07:46 PM
Overvolted

The Tamiya tires fit perfect and look good too, going to be crossing the finish line soon on the restoration. The tires do not fit the Golden Arrow wheels however, the GA wheels are the same size as whats on my kids Remo 1/16 truck. I may try them if I can get the truck away from him. Top two pics are of the GA wheels and last pic is The Cat with Tamiya tires.
Old Today, 12:48 PM
jharding08

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you have to glue the tires on the wheels or was it a snug fit?