Community
Search
Notices
RC Classic Cars & Trucks Have a classic that is at least 15 years or older? Discuss it here!

Tamiya TB-02 Resource Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2006, 09:09 PM
dracohowe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: First road car - by Lunchboxer..

hey i have the same shell

ps:where is my video[:@][:@][:@]
Old 05-03-2006, 09:13 PM
Lunchboxer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: dracohowe

hey i have the same shell

ps:where is my video[:@][:@][:@]

Wa ha ha ha, you still waiting for the video?!?! :P

It has been raining man!!
Old 05-03-2006, 09:14 PM
R/C fan-addict

yup a deans connector has the same amount of resistance as the equal length of 12 gawg!
Old 05-03-2006, 09:15 PM
Lunchboxer

ORIGINAL: R/C fan-addict

yup a deans connector has the same amount of resistance as the equal length of 12 gawg!

Any idea on how fast your TA05 w/ GTB4.5 go?? And how much run time do you get?
Old 05-03-2006, 10:22 PM
R/C fan-addict

well I haven't run it yet! As soon as I got the stuff to run it my charger fries along with a battery so along comes the ICE and now I'm waiting for a PS and some more little things for converting the PS from PC to R/C. Then once all that's done I need to do a nice soldering job and then at long last I will finally get to drive my TA05 with BL!!!!!! I have only been able to drive my TA05 3 times since I got it for xmas since the ESC crapped out ! I know sooo sad an R/C on the shelf [:'(] lol. Before I bought the GTB though I asked how fast it would go and got replies of around 60 mph but people are claiming 50 in stampedes so I wouldn't be surprised to see more like 70 out of my TA05. Run time I'll take a guess at around 10-12 minutes estimated. I can't wait lol!
Old 05-03-2006, 10:40 PM
Lunchboxer

well I haven't run it yet! As soon as I got the stuff to run it my charger fries along with a battery so along comes the ICE and now I'm waiting for a PS and some more little things for converting the PS from PC to R/C. Then once all that's done I need to do a nice soldering job and then at long last I will finally get to drive my TA05 with BL!!!!!! I have only been able to drive my TA05 3 times since I got it for xmas since the ESC crapped out ! I know sooo sad an R/C on the shelf [:'(] lol. Before I bought the GTB though I asked how fast it would go and got replies of around 60 mph but people are claiming 50 in stampedes so I wouldn't be surprised to see more like 70 out of my TA05. Run time I'll take a guess at around 10-12 minutes estimated. I can't wait lol!

60-70mph, that has to be pretty hard to control..

I might put a Sphere/Neo combo on the TB-02 to see how it works.. but might just do a 1-star.. so I can move the system to my Lunchbox, etc. if I want..
Old 05-04-2006, 12:00 PM
rccarfrk

ORIGINAL: Lunchboxer

Should be coming to US next year! (as an Infiniti, probably!)
Ghosn said it will be a Nissan, just like it has always been.
Old 05-04-2006, 12:09 PM
Lunchboxer

ORIGINAL: rccarfrk

Ghosn said it will be a Nissan, just like it has always been.

That's good.. keep the tradition.. and keep the price down.. (yeah, right... ! :P)

But it better comes ready to fight, though, with so many big horsepower cars on the road today, the legend of Skyline would be ruined if it is not ready to step up!

(I mean, how many cars are 500hps+ stock?! Z06, M5/M6, forced induction AMGs, etc.) I think Nissan needs to be careful when they release it.. hopefully it will be stout enough for serious tuning..
Old 05-07-2006, 10:58 PM
Lunchboxer

Had some fun running it today.. the HPI 20T motor is getting weak.. (been in my WW2, Lunchbox, TLT, and now TB-02! LOL!) My friend's TT-01 w/ Tamiya 23T motor has a lot more acceleration.. (top speed is kind of similar, but his accelerates a lot stronger..) I think it is time for me to put invest in an BL system now.. geez... more $$$...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wt59254.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	41.1 KB
ID:	457800  
Old 05-07-2006, 11:00 PM
jdmkyosho
Banned

Nice skyline body.
Old 05-07-2006, 11:02 PM
Lunchboxer

ORIGINAL: jdmkyosho

Nice skyline body.

Ha ha, thanks! Yeah, I think I did a decent job w/ painting it..

But with a couple of hit (when running w/ my friend.. and I also let him drive it..!), a couple of spots has some paint chipped away.. oh well.. overall, still in great condition, though!
Old 05-07-2006, 11:04 PM
Lunchboxer

Friend's TT-01 Skyline w/ a bunch of Tamiya hop-ups...

Name:	Wu59442.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	457801  
Old 05-07-2006, 11:30 PM
R/C fan-addict

60-70mph, that has to be pretty hard to control..

I might put a Sphere/Neo combo on the TB-02 to see how it works.. but might just do a 1-star.. so I can move the system to my Lunchbox, etc. if I want..
yeah I'm used to 32-36 mph stuff so this should be amazing! I'm just going to start out easy and work up. There are some tennis courts behind my school which I'm going to test it on. My stuff is coming in on Tuesday and since Fedex does crappy tracking I have no idea when my power supply is coming but it should all be here by friday and I hope to have an R/C day with my buddy on Saturday. The tennis courts should also be pretty awesome for drifting. I took my old ESC (the one I had before the GTB but didn't have reverse and stuff due to a run in with CA glue so it would drive but be annoying...) and I decided since even though it doesn't really work I still haven't driven my TA05 in too long so I stuck it all together with electrical tape (I didn't convert this ESC to deans and one of the bullet clips was bad) threw some tape on the tires and had a blast! What really sucks though is that my road is sorta old so the rocks in the tar kinda come off so there are rocks flying everywhere! I almost ate up my spur gear but I noticed the rock. I think you'll have a blast with a BL tamiya lineup!
Old 05-07-2006, 11:41 PM
jdmkyosho
Banned

That's good.. keep the tradition.. and keep the price down.. (yeah, right... ! :P)

But it better comes ready to fight, though, with so many big horsepower cars on the road today, the legend of Skyline would be ruined if it is not ready to step up!

(I mean, how many cars are 500hps+ stock?! Z06, M5/M6, forced induction AMGs, etc.) I think Nissan needs to be careful when they release it.. hopefully it will be stout enough for serious tuning..
Price will be 70k!! [X(] yes for a Nissan. Im not saying Nissan is a bad company. I love Nissan and probably my favorite company since I drive a maxima myself and had another different maxima. It'll be interesting to see if anyone tunes the GTR.
Old 05-07-2006, 11:53 PM
Lunchboxer

yeah I'm used to 32-36 mph stuff so this should be amazing! I'm just going to start out easy and work up. There are some tennis courts behind my school which I'm going to test it on. My stuff is coming in on Tuesday and since Fedex does crappy tracking I have no idea when my power supply is coming but it should all be here by friday and I hope to have an R/C day with my buddy on Saturday. The tennis courts should also be pretty awesome for drifting. I took my old ESC (the one I had before the GTB but didn't have reverse and stuff due to a run in with CA glue so it would drive but be annoying...) and I decided since even though it doesn't really work I still haven't driven my TA05 in too long so I stuck it all together with electrical tape (I didn't convert this ESC to deans and one of the bullet clips was bad) threw some tape on the tires and had a blast! What really sucks though is that my road is sorta old so the rocks in the tar kinda come off so there are rocks flying everywhere! I almost ate up my spur gear but I noticed the rock. I think you'll have a blast with a BL tamiya lineup!

Yeah, I think I will order the Sphere/Neo 1-star combo soon.. 1-star so it is more verstile.. I can run it on my off-road cars as well.. in my TB-02, anything will be an improvement, I am sure.. my friend's Tamiya 23T is faster than mine already, ha ha!! So I am sure the 1-star (brushed equivalent of 13T, I think) should be a big improvement, and then, I can always run the system in my Lunchbox.. (should be fun there too!)

Maybe next month.. I think I spent my May budget for R/C already, LOL! :P
Old 05-07-2006, 11:54 PM
Lunchboxer

Price will be 70k!! [X(] yes for a Nissan. Im not saying Nissan is a bad company. I love Nissan and probably my favorite company since I drive a maxima myself and had another different maxima. It'll be interesting to see if anyone tunes the GTR.

I am sure it will have a huge aftermarket support.. Just hope that it will be turboed and has a strong block to withstand some boost..
Old 05-08-2006, 12:09 AM
jdmkyosho
Banned

Werd on the street is it will be twin turbo'd stock with 7 speed tranny. I'm sure of that.
Old 05-08-2006, 12:16 AM
Lunchboxer

Werd on the street is it will be twin turbo'd stock with 7 speed tranny. I'm sure of that.

If it is a 7-speed, it will have to be a sequential box.. (can't fit 7-speed on a standard-H.. it'd be very crowded.. :P) I am guessing that it will stick w/ a 6-speed manual.. just my guess...
Old 05-10-2006, 11:50 PM
Lunchboxer

Another Tamiya hop-up for my TB-02.. Tamiya SSG carbon fiber center chassis brace...

Name:	Fd90587.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	40.3 KB
ID:	459639   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pm34864.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	48.1 KB
ID:	459640  
Old 05-15-2006, 01:08 AM
Lunchboxer

Tires are pretty worn now on the inside. Guess I ran the car w/ too aggressive of camber angle.. (too much negative camber..) I adjusted them all around to be less negative..

Need new tires soon.. any suggestion?? Looking for something that would last longer! (no no, not ABS drift tires, LOL!) I am not racing, so ultimate grip is not as critical for me..

The tires are glued to the rims.. do I really need to boil the tires off or I can just use knife to cut the rubber / glue off?

Oh, also installed these nice aluminum hex from Tamiya for the wheel tonight.. a little bit expensive but the hex is machined aluminum so it makes sure the wheel is on perfectly against the drive shaft.. (also, the pin will no longer fall out!)

Name:	Nl31139.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	35.1 KB
ID:	461657  
Old 05-15-2006, 07:01 AM
purple_car

Yeah you do need to boil the rims (as I found out the hard way) because otherwise the glue does not seperate cleanly. You end up having to spend a very long time scraping little bits of rubber at a time because it will not come off in big chunks. Boiling it seems to denature the glue and the old tire separates nicely.

Those hex hubs and the center brace look nice. Do you notice a difference in handling with the center brace?
Old 05-15-2006, 08:02 AM
Lunchboxer

ORIGINAL: purple_car

Yeah you do need to boil the rims (as I found out the hard way) because otherwise the glue does not seperate cleanly. You end up having to spend a very long time scraping little bits of rubber at a time because it will not come off in big chunks. Boiling it seems to denature the glue and the old tire separates nicely.

Those hex hubs and the center brace look nice. Do you notice a difference in handling with the center brace?

Thanks, I guess I will need to try to boil the tires then.. argh.. after they are completely worn, I guess.. now I just rotated the tires.. ha ha.. hopefully to get some more life out of it!

Well, since I do not race, I don't have a benchmark to compare to (i.e., lap time).. I have no idea if it handles better or not.. If any, it would be minimal..
Old 05-15-2006, 10:18 AM
-Inverted-

Ehh....I guess I like the NSX over the Skyline.
Old 05-15-2006, 01:33 PM
Lunchboxer

ORIGINAL: -Inverted-

Ehh....I guess I like the NSX over the Skyline.

Ha ha, sure, we all like different things!! That's why R/C is fun!
Old 05-15-2006, 03:36 PM
Raketemensch

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Steet cars are soooooo much fun after running dirt for a few years. They stick like mad, and accelerate like darts. I ran a 10t and a 10l about, well, 10 years ago, when I was last into r/c, and I found the best place to run the street car was on the local astroturf/carpet football field.

You'd be amazed how fast the car can go out of range at 50mph with a 120 yard long track, and back then (hopefully this has changed) the esc would just keep running full throttle. I'd be running as fast as I could across the field trying to hold the antenna up as high as I could... It all looked cool up until that point. I might as well have taken the short bus home.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.