Notices
RC Classic Cars & Trucks Have a classic that is at least 15 years or older? Discuss it here!

Marui Samurai

Old 03-31-2008, 11:29 AM
Zagar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Marui Samurai

Hey r8r! Nice looking car!!

I used to race an old Turbo Optima that I eventually upgraded to a belt drive. It's still running!! Great cars from that era!! Oh, and I'm 36.... Heh.... Fun getting older!!

Be careful though.... Just the mention of wanting to sell something here in this forum will get your post deleted - It happened to me when I mentioned that I was interested in selling an old car of mine....
Old 03-31-2008, 11:51 AM
r8r

Zagar, thanks for the information. I hope they dont bann me for that post.

Im 33 and have not been active in thi ssport a long time but cleaning the garage this weekend unearthed these cars. I have this Samurai that was my 1st and I remeber everyone would drop their jaw when I broguth it out. Nobody had the chain drive cars. Then I got a Grasshopper II which I found the Original box in the garage but no car. I hope it still at my parents house cause I think my boys would really like that. I also found the 2 Tamiya Blakfoots I have and they look to be complete aswell but no controlers so I cant test them out. Do they still sell the battery packs for these and have they improved any from back in the late 80's-early 90's? I remeber I had like 3 battery packs so I can constantly have one on the charger wule ruinning the other. Those were good times. We set up my neighbors back yard with a track n jumps and all the neighborhood kids would go back there and we would have some nice races!! Good times..
Old 03-31-2008, 12:06 PM
Zagar

You can still get 6Cell NiCd packs. Just get a good charger. I picked up the SuperBrain 960 and some NiCd packs to run my old cars recently and it works great! I know what you mean.... All of this new stuff today is quite overwhelming, but I'm getting into it again. Reading... Reading... Reading... Lots of reading!! The kids would LOVE the blackfoots!! I built quite a number of them when I built cars for my old LHS that's long gone now.... Not bad trucks, those Blackfoots!!

Have Fun!!!!
Old 03-31-2008, 12:15 PM
r8r

This is definatley the site to read to get back into it. Alot of helpfull reading and there seems to be people willing to help out. Im going to search for those battery packs now. I think I still have one wall charger left but I may look to upgrade that also if possible. Im getting that fever back!!
Old 04-16-2008, 08:09 AM
rojna

Hey guys, just got one to restore, but cant find a manual anywhere [] Does any body here have a skan of it ??
Old 04-26-2008, 09:45 PM
rojna

Im looking for any Marui Samurai parts ...

I really need : 101 103 112 115 120 122 124 & 128

But will buy any samurai parts ... new or used
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge96748.jpg
Views:	378
Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	937763  
Old 06-13-2008, 09:57 AM
symbios24

search on ebay you will find some
i have a question:
any news that marui will re-release all his rc cars?
Old 01-08-2009, 11:49 AM
REVO-Beat-U

ORIGINAL: Warcloud

Anybody have one to sell...
I have this R/C with the box it came in, and every origional part all in working condtion I could part with.
Old 01-16-2009, 01:09 PM
r8r

i just found a manual and was going to list it on eBay since I dont need it anymore......
Old 04-24-2010, 02:06 AM
jeff_blake

hey guys, i got an old banged up half torn apart samurai, there any place to even get parts for these? i wanted to rebuild mine. but make it look stock
Old 04-24-2010, 08:17 AM
rojna

ORIGINAL: jeff_blake

hey guys, i got an old banged up half torn apart samurai, there any place to even get parts for these? i wanted to rebuild mine. but make it look stock
ebay is your best bet

Old 04-28-2010, 08:10 PM
unnamed

hi - just starting browsing these forums as i ordered a kit the other day so me and my kids could build it...

i also have a ninja that i'd like to get running as the 2nd car so they could both run at the same time. so w/ the new kit (a frog), i ordered another motor and what i'm wondering is if i can take the 540 from the frog and just drop it into the ninja? maybe along w/ a new speed controller?

i don't have the kit yet, but figured someone on here would know whether or not that would be ok anyway.

also, i have a 1500 nicad, but was reading somewhere that i should get an nimh @ 3300? any suggestions?

thanks
Old 04-28-2010, 08:32 PM
rojna

Yes, the motor + esc from the frog will work just fine with the Ninja, I dont recomend any more motor in the Ninja as it always had diff problems with anything more then a stock motor.
A 3300 mah will give you more runtime then a 1500, I run LIPO's with all my vintage cars, thay are lighter so less stress and more speed

These fit in most vitage cars :
http://store.rcspeed.net/catalog/pro...roducts_id=329
Old 04-28-2010, 08:56 PM
unnamed

thanks rojna! appreciate the quick response and the tip about the battery!
Old 05-12-2010, 02:30 AM
JohnnyRC4wd

Hi, saw that picture some weeks ago. It was on tamiyaclub. Nice spares this guy has. :-)