Notices
RC Classic Cars & Trucks Have a classic that is at least 15 years or older? Discuss it here!

Vintage Associated?

Old 10-02-2009, 12:09 AM
Blazerbogger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vintage Associated?

This is my car this time. I've had this for over a year now, but I snapped the rear axle. I need to know the model so I can replace it because I can get the diff to work with my homemade one. I appears to be some sort of Associated car judging by the nylon parts and gold shock. What do you guys think?

Stock body?

Old 10-02-2009, 12:51 PM
st_dragn_wagen

Default RE: Vintage Associated?

looks like an RC10L. not 100% sure but the RC10R5 axle might work. if not, see if an RJ speed axle will fit. RJ speed is bolink and i know AE and bolink had parts that were interchangeable back in the day. if i remember right the axle and rear hubs were some of those parts. shouldn't be a problem getting that thing running again.
Old 10-02-2009, 01:34 PM
snipermaster
My Feedback: (19)

its an rc10lss i just sold one and for a manual look on competitionx.com for it, since ae dont have the 10lss one for it.
Old 10-02-2009, 06:27 PM
OvalRacer99

Any 10th scale pan car rear axel will work on that. It is a 10lss and if you look on the Associated web sight under the support/rescourses, downloads you will find a downloadable manual for all the 10l cars. There is no diffrence between the wide car manual and the one for the ss.
Here is a link for ya!!!

http://67.199.85.166/resources/resources.php
Old 10-02-2009, 10:01 PM
Blazerbogger

Thanks a million guys! I was having the hardest time locating a new rear axle that was a guaranteed fit for it. Now I have a source and a manual too! You guys are the best!