Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Combat
Reload this Page >

Acrobatic Bomber

Community
Search
Notices
RC Combat Discuss rc combat planes, techniques and strategies here.

Acrobatic Bomber

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2011, 01:47 PM
DizzyRonson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Acrobatic Bomber

hello good people in the rc universe

i just wanted to share with you, my St models mx2 acrobatic bomber

its raining hard outside that makes me a sad pilot with time to spare..
so i figured i migth as well try and make me a bomb launcher and a bomb to go with it, and put it on the mx2.

and it seems that i got it working yay

the bomb will drop on command using channel 5. it's designated flaps on the radio.. BUT there are no flaps on the mx2 as far as i know. and i should know as i have one.. and my brother have one.. so if anyone finds flaps on it please tell me :P

anyways..

the bomb itself is made of cardboard tube, CA and a healthy serving of masking tape..
inside it there are one tube aprox 8mm diameter. with one copper screw with a hole drilled throug it and sweated it to the tube. then threaded troug the nose of bomb and fastend with nut.

then one can put one of those little 4mm plastic caps that you would find in childrens toy revolver to make them go bang,
on the tip of the bomb (see pic of bomb) to make it go bang

i have not flown with the bomb yet.. due to rain.. but i have tested bomb and laucher in many diffrent angels and it seems to work.
will update with flight test results as soon as it stops raining

pic's in my gallery.. couldent figure out how to put them here without uploading them again..

Old 07-23-2011, 05:29 PM
DeferredDefect

Default RE: Acrobatic Bomber

Very neat - I built a small bomb for use on my Art-Tech Su-27, and it worked quite well. Like the idea of having a cap on the end...Added sound effects! Be sure to post a video when you fly it!
Old 07-24-2011, 12:47 PM
DizzyRonson

I have now tested the bomb launcher and bomb..

the bomb works fine it goes bang every time

the launcher works quite well to, but. it didnt like it when i was trying dive bombing..
then it only dropped the rear ring so the bomb kinda fell forward and got stuck,
and when i had to pull up it flew quite far away. like it was thrown maybe 70-80m from where i was aiming.
then it hit the top of a big tree bomb survived just needed a little more masking tape

will have to figure somethng out there.. maybe make wider slots for the rings. or maybe add a spring to throw it out regardless of angle..

i will try to make a video..
but i only have a htc desire.. so i cant promise a very high quality video

and it is raining again.. so i cant promise when either..

Old 11-16-2011, 11:31 PM
matt2011

Hi Guys! I'm trying to control the air with my bomber,too! And I'm trying some new amazing tricks now.