RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Combat (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-combat-94/)
-   -   ziggs originals zero build questions (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-combat-94/1568538-ziggs-originals-zero-build-questions.html)

tmaucher 02-26-2004 08:50 PM

ziggs originals zero build questions

Does anyone have experience with these kits. I am afraid that I am not used to such vague directions. need help please. tom

Montague 03-02-2004 12:53 PM

RE: ziggs originals zero build questions

I've no expereince with the kits in question, but if you ask a more specific question about where you are having problems, you might get a response from someone. Or, you might try on the electrics forum or over on rcgroups, where there seems to be more of a focus on electric flying.

yankee samurai 03-02-2004 03:18 PM

I built the Ziggs FW-190 last year and have two Zero's in the box. What is it about the instructions you don't understand I thought they were pretty well written.

Montague 03-02-2004 06:18 PM

My brain was melting today, I don't know why I said anything about them being electric.

Anyway, regardless of the kit, I've built a few planes that are simular to the Ziggs, and there are other's who have as well, so be more specific with your question and I'm sure we can get you an asnwer.

Jagdgeschwader 26 03-06-2004 10:53 AM

I have built several of his kits, including the Zero and they are all quite straightforward. Follow his instructions and you will have a great flying airplane.

Stew99 03-09-2004 03:27 PM

I have built the Zero. The instructions are very minimal so if you haven't built several kits and don't understand the basics of installing engines, servos and pushrods you should find an experienced builder to help you work through it. Otherwise it is easy to build. My Zero came out very tail heavy. The kit wood was very dense, I should have replaced it with something lighter.

tmaucher 03-10-2004 09:59 AM

I have been able to enterpolate the instructions so far, but the tail heavy problem is troubling. could you put lightening holes in the wood in the tail to help. Would that weaken the tail too much. All so I have glassed the wing on the bottom. Will that be ok or should I glass the top of the wing, all so? I have one more ques that might be so simple that maybe other modelers have it all so. When dir. refer to say for example the left elevator, is it the left as you face the plane , or is it the left as if you where sitting in the cockpit? Might just be a stupid ques but I spend an embarrassing amount of time looking in the inst to find a reference so I know? thanks fellas for your help.

ejnester 03-20-2004 07:55 AM

It has been a long time since I built any Zigg 109s but I don't recall using any type of covering or fiber glass except around the nose. I painted them with thin coat latex house paint to keep the weight down. My 109s finished up at 23.5 oz. ready to fly with light weight radio gear and a 250 ma. battery and a Mecoa .15 motor.

tmaucher 05-01-2004 02:09 AM

I have finished the zero. I eventually quite looking at the plans and I just winged it. The plane wont be used for combat, so I beefed it up with some extra fiberglass for durabilities sake. It turned out pretty cool looking. It hangs with electronics and all, in my sons room till I think I can handle it. I used an MVVS .15,hitec radio with 425 BB servos. Really the only reason I have built 1/12 scale planes is my love for ww2 fighters and my lack of funds to build bigger ones. I do add some scale touches, like pilot figure on my pica me 109 yellow 14. THink I am going to put retracts on my next one. I've got bomb drop on my zero, but cant fly that hot little monkey just yet, let alone use the bomb drop. going to be cool to fly if the wind ever slows down enough.