Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Drag Racing
Reload this Page >

RB Mods engines break IMDRA records

Community
Search
Notices
RC Drag Racing For all you straight line enthusiasts. Discuss all aspects of rc drag racing here!

RB Mods engines break IMDRA records

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2011, 06:30 AM
Brent Davis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RB Mods engines break IMDRA records

I have two BD designed chassis that I built and use RBmods Kangaroo engines. We went to the IMDRA National race this past week and re-set BOTH ends of the ET and MPH records.

The old ET record was a 1.604 which was held by Melvin Alston using a RBmods Kangaroo but with our new chassis and newer RBmods Kangaroo, we ran 1.589 for the new record and with our other chassis, we ran a new MPH record of 84.1 when the old MPH record was 82.1

We know 100% that we have some more HP coming with two new Kangaroos that Rick did for us so we expect to re-set our own records later this year at the World's Nationals.

RBmods engines qualified

#1 @ 1.581 using a 2009 Kangaroo
#2 @ 1.603 using a 2008 Kangaroo
#3 @ 1.694 using a 2009 Kangaroo

and then the rest followed with other modifiers engines

RBmods power, then went on to win the race.

HUGE Thanks to my engine modifier Rick Brake for the awesome running engines. Very easy to tune and serious HP makers. My car ran a best of 88 MPH whereas the competition runs 78-80 MPH ranges.

***UPDATE***

We tested these new 2011 RBmods Kangaroos this past Sunday with Spanky running 1.53@82 MPH and then I backed his run up with my car and Kangaroo with a 1.54@83 MPH...........talk about consistent engines.

[b]UPDATE......We just ran a new 1.487@81 MPH July 3rd, 2011 in testing. This was with a .256 six foot time. This new RBmods Kangaroo is a BEAST!
Old 06-21-2011, 07:08 AM
Fuel Crazy
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: RB Mods engines break IMDRA records

very nice Brent, congrats.

Old 06-22-2011, 11:45 AM
nitrohead5300

Congradulations, Brent !! Smoking them again!!
Old 06-23-2011, 02:17 AM
Brent Davis

Thanks nitrohead.

Look here and you'll see where they posted our results information on breaking the records with my chassis and RBmods HP.

http://www.rockinghamdragway.com/results/2011/rcdrags/

There were plenty of big 1/4 scale cars there too. Just too damn slow for me man.
Old 06-24-2011, 08:11 AM
Fuel Crazy

ORIGINAL: Brent Davis

Thanks nitrohead.

Look here and you'll see where they posted our results information on breaking the records with my chassis and RBmods HP.

There were plenty of big 1/4 scale cars there too. Just too damn slow for me man.

132ft just not enough for the 1/4 scalers to really do anything with the rules they probably have.

On that note...why in the world did imdra lump funny car and promod together?

Old 06-24-2011, 11:54 AM
Brent Davis

Thansk Fuel Crazy.

As you have stated, the 1/4 scales should be running 300' or the 330' but our tracks are geared soley for 132'. I will say that when those 1/4 scale cars do run down the 132' area, they are VERY loose on the other end when running. I just have no care at all for one of those. They are WAAAAAYYYYY too slow for my taste.

The Pro-Mod/Funny car class is combined simply because there are not enough of each car to make a full field for either side so they combined them.
Old 06-24-2011, 01:13 PM
Fuel Crazy

So are they letting the promods stage with the back tires since the funnycars already have the wheelbase length advantage?LOL

Id love to get back into class racing stuff... but its about impossible to get any information from the atlanta guys

Old 07-01-2011, 04:47 AM
Brent Davis

ORIGINAL: Fuel Crazy
So are they letting the promods stage with the back tires since the funnycars already have the wheelbase length advantage? LOL

Id love to get back into class racing stuff... but its about impossible to get any information from the atlanta guys

All of those cars line up equal as there are some Pro-Mods that can outrun some Funny Cars easily. Sure the wheelbase is a disadvantage but nobody is FORCED to run a Pro-Mod.

What information are you asking about? To be honest, it may be what you are asking of is why nobody gives any information. I know here, I don't tell all my information as it is "MY" $$ that has had a few $500+ engines that were blown up testing, testing and more testing but to have someone ask me about what head shims, induction timing, clutch settings and all that is too much to ask of me. I just give people the basic data that I know will get them up and running. From there, they have to tune it in plus you learn from tuning..........hopefully.
Old 07-01-2011, 06:36 AM
Fuel Crazy

I was joking about letting the promods stage with the back tires.

Im not looking for information on setup... i know how to figure that stuff out myself. I come from grudge racing 1:1 cars, so im not new to keeping things secret about cars. What im after is WHEN they go out for testing days, and where exactly the new track is at.
Old 07-01-2011, 11:24 AM
Brent Davis

ORIGINAL: Fuel Crazy

I was joking about letting the promods stage with the back tires.

Im not looking for information on setup... i know how to figure that stuff out myself. I come from grudge racing 1:1 cars, so im not new to keeping things secret about cars. What im after is WHEN they go out for testing days, and where exactly the new track is at.
ok, I too have a 1:1 '88 twin 76mm turbo 427 DART block, 25.2 chassis car. No times yet as I am still building.

Those Atlanta guys I see all the time and don't understand why they don't pass track data. heck keep checking with them man, we need all the racers that we can get.
Old 07-02-2011, 07:30 AM
Fuel Crazy

yeah i know about your car... even back when you were running a F-cam. I use to also travel the country wrenching on a NMCA Xtreme Street / FFWDrag Radial car.

Problem with trying to get in contact with anyone in the know there, is IMDRA seems to not like letting anyone register on their forum, so cant get the contact info.
Old 07-03-2011, 04:49 AM
Brent Davis

well I know that IMDRA is trying to grow and not run people away so it aint intentional. Send me your information of your user name and all that and I will contact the owner and tel him you are trying to register but having a problem getting in.
Old 07-03-2011, 07:07 AM
Fuel Crazy

thanks brent. I cant remember the username i used, but the email used was [email protected]. I never got confirmation email about registering couple months ago, so i still cant get on the forum...and cant even re-register since my email is already being used on there.
Old 11-23-2011, 03:27 PM
nitrohead5300

ORIGINAL: Brent Davis

Thanks nitrohead.

...................To be fair Brent the Quarter Pounders have not been at it as long as the 1/10 1/8 scales. Things may change with development of better tires, 2 speed tranny and more gearing options. Also the new more powerful motors that are being developed for largescale. Like the Italian BZM 50cc for example that is a purpose built motor for largescale cars could improve speeds and times. Estimated hp is +12. Some of the largescale engine guru are starting to modify this motor hp expectations are high.