Notices
RC Drag Racing For all you straight line enthusiasts. Discuss all aspects of rc drag racing here!

Pro Stock Brushless

Old 01-20-2009, 02:34 AM
Never Enough

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pro Stock Brushless

Can anyone tell me the fastest time run by a sensored brushless system in a Pro Stock class car ( 7.4v , 1150 grams , 11 inch wheelbase , small wing). I have a LRP TC spec ESC and a few sensored motors , quickest being a Speed Passion 2.5 turn , or would it be better to run a Mamba ESC ( got 5 of them ) with either 7700 or try my new Tekin 290 9000kv. I am thinking the sensorless motors would have more torque but do I need torque in such a light car?. Sensored might hit that bit better off the line ? Like to hear others opinions.

Ben
Old 01-21-2009, 12:16 PM
snellemin

Default RE: Pro Stock Brushless

When running a 2.5T motor, it's mostly all about HP/rpms. If you want more torque, you need to swap in a bigger diameter rotor, but the kv will go down a bit. The other option is to go with a longer can motor with the same rotor diameter to gain the torque.

There is always a debate of the benefits between sensored and sensorless setups for dragracing. Sensored is the smoothest setup, period. Sensorless has power. Combine the two and you get a hybrid, which I'm having fun with it.

You have to watch your gearing when go with a really high kv motor. Braking might take a bit longer then you are used to. The mamba setups are great. But if you want fun and want want more then what the mamba has to offer, look into a hybrid setup.
Old 03-21-2009, 03:00 AM
cumquat

id go with torque. the strip is only 132 feet so you are not going to top out very easly. the torque will increase exeleration getting you to the finish line faster. that is suposing you are racing. if its just to say you have one then go for speed.
Old 03-21-2009, 06:30 PM
Never Enough

I ran the Tekin 290 9000kv motor on 2s at the new QMDRA track and did a [email protected]/h with the car 80 grams overweight , so with a bit of sorting it should go a bit better.