Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Drag Racing
Reload this Page >

New to nitro drag... some questions

Notices
RC Drag Racing For all you straight line enthusiasts. Discuss all aspects of rc drag racing here!

New to nitro drag... some questions

Old 04-08-2009, 04:25 PM
NitroVette

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to nitro drag... some questions

I'm interested in building a 1/8 dragster or a 1/10 scale that will accept a big block. I have an engine, an O.S. .21 RZR and correct header and pipe, any recommendations for a chassis ? I've had electric drag cars in the past and have receiver, servos, etc and just need a good chassis. The New Era cars look nice but I'm looking to keep it around $250 any suggestions would be appreciated. Also the RZR is an On Road engine, will it work in a drag car with the right gearing ?

Thanks
Old 04-09-2009, 12:30 AM
jpilkinton

Default RE: New to nitro drag... some questions

Building a custom rig is pretty easy if you have the time and the equipment. I could not imagine using a big block on a 1/10 scale. That would fly!
I'm an using an on road SH12 Pro on my custom dragster and it is hard(for me) to control when the engine dials out. I am using a custom pipe also.
Here is my dragster:
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tq48856.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	1176222   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vq50334.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	1176223  
Old 04-09-2009, 08:04 AM
maggio

Default RE: New to nitro drag... some questions

You can get a walbern Chassis for aroung what you looking to spend but them you need to buy the 2 speed and all seperate. But walbern is the way to go. Your best bet to keep cost down is find a nice used walbern roller with 2 speed and all already on it