Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Drifting
Reload this Page >

shall i get one way front for drifting ?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Drifting Discuss all aspects of rc drifting here!

shall i get one way front for drifting ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2010, 03:10 PM
vios8820

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default shall i get one way front for drifting ?

i am using mi4 currently .. now i locked front and rear...
i want more better steering and swing soo do you guy recommend i get a one way at front ?
i already mod it more steering using custom diy the kuckle and BD5 UJ and some minor work at the steering...

my concern is if i put oneway.. does i can drift in small conner more easy ?

any reply in this would be highly appreciated

tq

Old 12-27-2010, 03:49 PM
kstmRYD

Default RE: shall i get one way front for drifting ?

Front one way will help you swing the back out much faster, works great in track layouts with s shape curves. I started to use a one way diff early into drifting, I used a ball diff for a month or two then dropped in the one way as a lot of the other guys where using one, I felt the difference right away.

One way will work great on small track, go for it!

Here is a good article on one ways.....http://www.rcdriftclub.com/home/archives/45
Old 12-29-2010, 01:15 AM
Spetz

ORIGINAL: kstmRYD

Here is a good article on one ways.....http://www.rcdriftclub.com/home/archives/45

That's a horrible explanation in my opinion. I think for someone who doesn't know what a one way is that article does nothing more than confuse them even worse
Old 12-29-2010, 04:26 AM
kstmRYD

Horrible? Confusing? What part didn't you understand? maybe too technical....

If anyone plans on hopping up or tuning his car they need to get technical and understand how things work. If you are a newbee and it was confusing then you need to start with the basics. These cars are like the real deal they are not toy grade so understanding steering geometry, parallel, ackerman, suspensions, gear ratios etc.... is key.

Hitting the books and learning these things is the only way to go in this hobby if you are serious about building a drift machine, if not you might have to stick to toys r us rc cars.
Old 12-29-2010, 05:17 AM
Ahmooosh

i Am a newbie to all of this and i found that article really helpful....i was wondering what exactly where people talking about...and thnx to KstmRYD i now understand
Old 01-12-2011, 06:26 AM
aldebaran

From what I've gathered in the article, a one-way front differential is advantageous if you prefer to brake to initiate the drift (like using the e-brake). This maneuver puts the braking force to the rear only and swings the rear end out easier. During acceleration, all 4 wheels provide traction. I think the effect is similar to having a rear-wheel car when drifting is in effect.

You get the best of both worlds (rear wheel drive) drift characteristics with 4-wheel drive traction on a AWD car.