Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Drifting
Reload this Page >

My first Lipo battery came in wanted to double check everything.

Notices
RC Drifting Discuss all aspects of rc drifting here!

My first Lipo battery came in wanted to double check everything.

Old 10-04-2014, 06:44 PM
DriftStarDude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My first Lipo battery came in wanted to double check everything.

I'm upgrading from the stock battery; Exceed RC 8.4v 3000mAh Ni-Mh to the 7.4v 2S1P Gens Ace 5000 50C Lipo.I also bought the Lipo Battery voltage tester/ low voltage buzzer alarm. The lipo charger/balancer is still coming. I was worried that the gen ace might even be too heavy, but it feels lighter than the stock battery! With the low voltage buzzer alarm; do I even have to adjust the esc on the drift car? I mean I found the youtube video on how to change it. But won't the voltage alarm do the same thing anyway?When charging for the first time, what are the correct parameters? I'm not that sure how to imput everything. Also, where does everyone keep their lipos? Only real option for me is in the garage, but when it's winter time, would that be bad for the battery?
Old 10-04-2014, 06:49 PM
DriftStarDude

This is the lipo charger: [h=1]Hitec X4-80 4-PORT DC Multicharger HRC44169[/h]
Old 10-21-2014, 05:51 PM
860Crawler

I keep my lipos in the house. Sometimes they are just left in the vehicle, sometimes they are on a table, sometimes they are in a lipo bag.They aren't going to set the place on fire spontaneously. When I first got into them I was deathly afraid of them too, but they are just like any other battery as long as you use them correctly.

If your car's stock ESC has a lipo cut off you won't need that low voltage alarm, the car will turn off or stutter and stop when the voltage gets low.

You should be able to set that charger to charge to 5000mah and then just go run the battery.