Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Drifting
Reload this Page >

Best drift Chassis (MST VS Tamiya VS Yokomo?)

Community
Search
Notices
RC Drifting Discuss all aspects of rc drifting here!

Best drift Chassis (MST VS Tamiya VS Yokomo?)

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2014, 02:21 PM
gar_lei

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best drift Chassis (MST VS Tamiya VS Yokomo?)

Hello

I've been drifting with a Sprint 2 for a while and I'm looking to get the best drifter out there.

What would be the best drifter if money is not an issue?
MST? Tamiya? Yokomo?

I would like to have a sugestion for Belt as well as a suggest for Shaft please?

Thanks in advance!
Old 10-26-2014, 11:23 PM
2WDrifter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For 50/50 drifting and cs drifting, Yok is arguably the best (though D-like, RC-ART, Overdose, Eagle racing, Street Jam, 3racing, and MST are really quite good as well.) for RWD, Overdose, Eagle racing, MST, Yok w/ Wrap-up NEXT rwd conversion kits are the leaders.

i suggest belt if you're indoors mostly, especially since they're quite quiet. shaft is still good too, with the added pebble resistance.
i personally own 1 belt car and 1 shaft car (and one that is just geartrains, no belt and no center shaft either) the gears are definitely loud vs the belts and the belts give a smoother throttle delivery. I drive my belt drive cars outside too, and haven't really had issues with it so the durability thing is somewhat null to me. if you want CS ratio heaven, get a belt drive with 3 belts (it makes changing CS ratios VERY easy vs 2-belt cars). RWD is awesome though, and i highly recommend it. (before you say gyros are cheating, it's agreed that it's cheating with 50/50 and CS. with RWD it's like how caster-induced countersteer works IRL. it doesn't catch the car or drive it for you. in fact, there's only 1 known video of someone being able to get around a long track without a gyro and he's probably been at it for years with the same exact chassis)