Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Drifting
Reload this Page >

Problem with my dog bones ???

Notices
RC Drifting Discuss all aspects of rc drifting here!

Problem with my dog bones ???

Old 11-15-2021, 05:11 PM
Februarywinter22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem with my dog bones ???

Null

Last edited by Februarywinter22; 11-16-2021 at 07:31 AM. Reason: mistake
Old 11-15-2021, 05:50 PM
Februarywinter22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

At least someone reply please, this place wasn’t abandoned right?
Old 11-18-2021, 06:19 AM
Februarywinter

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Testing
Old 11-18-2021, 06:20 AM
Februarywinter

Testing2
Februarywinter

Testing3
Februarywinter

Testing4
Old 11-18-2021, 04:23 PM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

The forums are not what they once were.
Old 11-19-2021, 08:11 AM
Februarywinter

Originally Posted by RustyUs
The forums are not what they once were.
I'm speechless.. *sigh*
Old 11-21-2021, 05:49 AM
RustyUs

Not sure of your issue, or what RC model is in question, but anytime I had a RC that used dog bones, an o-ring or something similar placed at each end was needed to help keep dog bones centered.
Old 11-21-2021, 07:11 AM
Februarywinter

Not sure of your issue, or what RC model is in question, but anytime I had a RC that used dog bones, an o-ring or something similar placed at each end was needed to help keep dog bones centered.
actually I figured it out, it turns out the ride height of the chassis was too high in the rear. That caused the dog bones to be slanted, which in the edge of the dog bones it made rough contact with the [axles?]. So by solving this issue I just used the original shocks that were on the RC because I had shocks from a different chassis. The original shocks made the chassis lower which will balance the dog bones, making them not slanted anymore.

Last edited by Februarywinter; 11-21-2021 at 07:14 AM.
Old 11-21-2021, 09:23 AM
Februarywinter

Originally Posted by Februarywinter
actually I figured it out, it turns out the ride height of the chassis was too high in the rear. That caused the dog bones to be slanted, which in the edge of the dog bones it made rough contact with the [axles?]. So by solving this issue I just used the original shocks that were on the RC because I had shocks from a different chassis. The original shocks made the chassis lower which will balance the dog bones, making them not slanted anymore.
If you want, I definitely will send a picture for you to understand it. There’s definitely a difference between the shocks.
Old 11-26-2021, 09:44 AM
RustyUs

There is only so much travel a dog bone can take before their pins come out of the outdrive cups. Changing out the shocks that are not originally designed for an RC... sometimes you gotta limit, adjust, or modify the part to bring it into a workable range. For a drift type RC car, I would think you would be working with a low slung chassis to start with that doesn't have a lot of suspension travel. I don't know what RC is in question here, but I do know there are a bunch of cheap no-name shocks sold everywhere that have very generic wide range of fitment. If no specific upgrade shock option is out there for your RC, tinkering/jerry rigging becomes just as much apart of the hobby as anything else.

Last edited by RustyUs; 11-26-2021 at 10:01 AM.
Old 11-26-2021, 09:49 AM
Februarywinter

There is only so much travel a dog bone can take before their pins come out of the outdrive cups. Changing out the shocks that are not originally designed for an RC... sometimes you gotta limit, adjust, or modify the part to bring it into a workable range. For a drift type RC car, I would think you would be working with a low slung chassis to start with that doesn't have a lot of suspension travel. I don't know what RC is in question here, but I do know there are a bunch of cheap no-name shocks sold everywhere that have very generic wide range of fitment.

yeah I figured, these other shocks were way too long. The stock ones were the best after all.