Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Drifting
Reload this Page >

Everybody show me your drift car.

Notices
RC Drifting Discuss all aspects of rc drifting here!

Everybody show me your drift car.

Old 11-19-2021, 08:32 PM
Februarywinter

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool Everybody show me your drift car.

As the title says, show me your drift car! I don’t have a monster truck or a TRAXXAS or a buggy, nope, only a drift car. I’m pretty sure you’ve seen my profile already, if not, why not check it right now? You’ll understand me much better, and for those who don’t, don’t worry about it. I’m a High School kid, and this is my RC. My dad and I were car guys ever since we were born. One day in my earlier teenage years, he gave me a brand new, shiny RC. It’s the one in the picture, and I was the one who ruined it. That’s where my journey began, as a car guy, this was an example of a first car. I don’t know if the picture is showing but I’ll settle here anyways. The chassis is really rough, and I’m the same guy from the previous thread. In the rear area the wheel acceleration is not smooth, as to why I said there could be a problem with my dog bones. The front right wheel also locks while driving as if brakes were used, and it stays like that, it’s so annoying! I also lost my motor plate holder, so I used zip ties to hold the motor, zip ties are literally whats keeping my RC together. Zip ties are also being used for my rear lower arms because I messed up the pivot block. My tie rods broke off the ball studs so many times because of the stance life. haha.. I’m using tie rods from a different chassis now, the old ones are done. The body is in progress of preparation for a paint job. I’m kind of in the final stage of sanding, just not finishing it because of the cold weather. I plan to use primer and wet sand that too. But before primer, you should be able to see the missing hood and the front windshield. haha, I’m going to use body filler and try to fix it. My left fender also broke off while I was drying the body with my XS T-shirt after I just degreased it for the sanding. You can’t see it but the left door is also cut off, which in plastic terms it’ll be easier for another plastic part to bend and break, get it haha?
The summary of what’s been done to this RC,
Locked Differential,
zip ties are holding my rear end of the chassis [heh],
zip ties are holding my motor,
tie rods from a different chassis,
new ecu with fan from eBay [old one caught fire],
removed center drive shaft to make RWD [chassis is originally 4WD],
front shocks are replaced with different shocks from different chassis.
painted front bumper, side skirts, rear bumper white to make drift car look [heh],
trunk is able to open,
fuel cap and hood is missing,
took off spoiler [spoiler is super hot],
custom Japan license plate [front bumper that I recently just cracked],
JDM purple tow hook,
Custom factory license plate,
hello kitty sticker.
That’s about all, the story of this RC is what’s special. Also if you see a part of the front bumper is gone, that’s because driving it slammed caused the bumper to slowly crack and the pieces actually start to fall off. You can see the drilled holes because I tried to use zip ties to put it back together. heh​​​​​​​

​​​​​​​

Last edited by Februarywinter; 11-19-2021 at 09:39 PM.
Old 11-21-2021, 05:52 AM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

POST A PIC OF YOUR DRIFTER THREAD!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-21-2021, 07:04 AM
Februarywinter

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RustyUs
It’s pretty old, you know? The reason I made a new thread was to see if anyone was still even alive here, and guess what.. I got my answer, I’m starting to believe that the forums aren’t what they used to be. Even if I posted in that specific thread, who’d even know that I existed?