Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Drifting
Reload this Page >

What should I try to get better drifts?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Drifting Discuss all aspects of rc drifting here!

What should I try to get better drifts?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2004, 08:32 PM
lagCisco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What should I try to get better drifts?

I finally got my Yokomo MR4TC Special drifting, I just wrapped some old tires with some electrical tape and tried drifting on several surfaces, the best surface I used to get good drifts on was at a car wash parking lot, it pretty slippery, ran several packs and was getting some pretty nice drifts outta there, what else can I do to get better drifts out of the car? Im thinking of trying those Yokomo Drift tires, also what about the setup on the car? should I soften, or harden up the suspension? and ride height? lower or higher? how about a roll bar? im going to try some of these settings, hopefully it helps in drifting
Old 06-15-2004, 03:37 PM
RC-Drift UK

Default RE: What should I try to get better drifts?

50mm PVC polypipe dude, then Drifting will be soooo easy you'll have a grin from ear to ear

If you go PVC pipe, use soft front springs/slightly harder rear springs, oil isn't that critical for Drifting, and depending on the smoothness of the surface your Drifting on run between 4-7mm ground clearance

Oh yeah, 27T stock motor is the hot ticket
Old 06-16-2004, 05:23 AM
Nitrous4blood

Yeah, i know nothing about drifting so i need to know this stuff too. the best way i can drift is on a glossy cement or tile but usually its too slippery. apparently on Need for speed underground, to get better drifts, u need to downgrade stuff. so is it true with R/C cars that have most things stock helps with drifting?
Old 06-16-2004, 09:22 AM
RC-Drift UK

RC Drifting is low cost, high fun, low tech, high fun, low maintenance, high fun, high runtime, and did I say high fun?

www.rc-drift.com for more answers