Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Drifting
Reload this Page >

Novak Brushless good for drifting?

Notices
RC Drifting Discuss all aspects of rc drifting here!

Novak Brushless good for drifting?

Old 07-06-2004, 08:39 PM
CRCDRIVER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Novak Brushless good for drifting?

I have a xxx-s with a novak brushless motor in it. Would it be good for drifting?
BTW...I use hpi x-pattern tires that squeal when ever I drift with them.
Old 07-06-2004, 09:55 PM
02WRX
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Novak Brushless good for drifting?

Don't get me wrong I love the novak stuff but I can imagine spending more or the same amount of money on the motor than what the kit costs. I'd be suprised if anyone here drifts with the brushless system. That seems to be a big reason people get into drifitng...low cost. But according to the novak information page the brushless sport is the equivalent to a stock 27 turn which is ideal for drifting. Just get the pvc/abs and give it a try.
Old 07-09-2004, 12:46 PM
studysession

I drift with brushless and yes Novak is a good choice. All I have are brushless motors and ESC's.
Old 07-13-2004, 01:30 AM
BaLLr5350

ORIGINAL: 02WRX

But according to the novak information page the brushless sport is the equivalent to a stock 27 turn
That's only one of the brushless motors. There are others that are equivalent to a 11 turn and below.

I don't think it's worth using all that money on a brushless set up if you're just drifting. But if you have lots of cash to use... you might wanna get it since it requires no maintenance.
Old 12-13-2004, 06:14 PM
danhfvcsd

ORIGINAL: BaLLr5350

That's only one of the brushless motors. There are others that are equivalent to a 11 turn and below.
Aren't there only 2 anyway? - the 4300 and the 5800 or something? Unless im mistaken....i've only seen the 2 brushless ones - other than the off road ones for the emaxx or something?...
Old 12-13-2004, 11:31 PM
RC670

I have the 5800 ss in my yokomo and it does real good. i just have a hella big pinion on it.
Old 12-13-2004, 11:35 PM
raceme

i also have a novak bl system...i see its pretty worth it when you factor in all the cost of a good motor and esc..pluss theres brushes you have to maintain and springs..then after than you have to cutt the coms every so often..so much less hassle(sp) with the BL systems..and you get super long run times(i get 45 mins wit one 3000mah battery drifting)
Old 12-14-2004, 02:17 PM
studysession

The Novak is more of a beginner brushless system. If you want something you can grow with get a Warrior 7018 controller and a Feigao 6S motor. It is a fairly inexpensive solution (Under $300) and later if you deiced to use LiPo's you can and if you want to upgrade to a different motor later, you can do that as well.