Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Drifting
Reload this Page >

Cheap & Easy --- Drifting ROCKS

Notices
RC Drifting Discuss all aspects of rc drifting here!

Cheap & Easy --- Drifting ROCKS

Old 07-09-2004, 02:43 AM
donoman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cheap & Easy --- Drifting ROCKS

So I got my TC3 running tonight with my friend's radio and receiver. I have had the body for about 6 months but chickened out when it was time to buy a radio. Now, what can I say...

I wrapped my wheels with some 3M packaging tape and I can have fun outside of my house just trying to spin the car and drift it!!! It's awesome!!! I was running the car on the street earlier tonight and it was boring as hell cuz the car handles like it's on rails... since I'm not racing anyone, speed doesn't really appeal to me right now but drifting and style do!!!

At first I wrapped only the rear wheels thinking that it would be like driving a FWD car with the parking brake up. Boy was I wrong. With that much horsepower and with the rear wheels THAT slippery, I could barely turn the car under control... taped up all 4 wheels and i'm good to go. I can hold a small drift but hell tonight is my first night playing with RC and first night drifting...

It's fun.
I'm stoked.
Just wanted to share.

What kind of courses do you guys set up to practice drifting? I'm just doing figure 8's in the street around some newspapers right now.
Old 07-09-2004, 09:27 AM
drifty066

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Cheap & Easy --- Drifting ROCKS

Here's a sample of my setup drift course , If you got some questions , feel free to ask !
Oh yeah , the orange circles are cones !
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki18087.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	34.7 KB
ID:	151958