Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Drifting
Reload this Page >

I like the drift rings better

Notices
RC Drifting Discuss all aspects of rc drifting here!

I like the drift rings better

Old 08-29-2004, 03:59 PM
b1az3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I like the drift rings better

Screw the pvc and abs.. i hate it.. its so much slower and not as easy to hold a longer drift "IMHO" my friend likes pvc and the other likes abs.. i just think its a total user preference.. i personally like to do drifts a lot faster..the drift rings arent that expensive.. i found 2 sets of tires and rings on ebay for 6.50 a set. they might wear down fast.. but oh well.. i'll pay for them later.. maybe i will regret it.. but as of right now i know i wont..
Old 08-29-2004, 05:32 PM
GraTou
My Feedback: (6)

Default RE: I like the drift rings better

IMO if your showing off why would you want something to drift fast and get it over with, drifting slow takes skill and time and looks better.
and IMO the yokomo rings are a rip off and youll probaby regret buying so many pairs
Old 08-30-2004, 01:00 AM
Smoke21
My Feedback: (1)

How long can you run off ebay? Then what? As for the longer drift if you build speed you can hold a huge drift I once held a 25ft drift with a 27 turn motor. Case closed.
Old 08-30-2004, 05:56 AM
Kysi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

all that crap you hear about yokomo dift tires is complete BS
my bro has a set, and when he popped them on, immediately he started doing doughnuts to WEAR THE RINGS DOWN!!
they dont drift that well right after you pop the rings on, but after you wear them down, they drift like a dream. one thing id recommend on them is to slip the rings on before putting the tire on the rim, and you dont need to glue them either, they stay on TIGHT. i love driving his car when they are on and am going to get a set myself. i was thinking of getting ABS, but decided against it because id be wasting power and going really slow. yokomo drift rings are awesome!

then again, i run a nitro, but im sure there istn much of a difference
Old 08-30-2004, 07:47 AM
aznx2fine

there's quite a bit of difference there, the nitros will spin wheels much quicker then the electrics when stock, so maybe that's why your going a little slower then wanted. but all in all, it's wahat you like, so drift rings for you it is!
Old 08-30-2004, 09:49 AM
b1az3

i've tried all 3 on my car.. and i still think drift rings are better.. Im not saying.. hey everyone change to rings because if you dont you suck.. im just stating for people.. that I find it good for ME.. the pvc and abs you just lose control a lot faster.. i can do tighter drifts w/the rings and do "inertia" *sp?* drifts..

case in point: we were drifting last night, we set up a drift track in a huge parking lot.. it took them 3 mintues to complete their track on their best run.. if u hit a cone it doesnt count.. I did the same track in 2:30.. so there's one difference i like right there.. this might change on monday when my new motor and gears come in.
Old 08-30-2004, 09:51 AM
b1az3

ORIGINAL: GraTou

IMO if your showing off why would you want something to drift fast and get it over with, drifting slow takes skill and time and looks better.

I dont know about that.. I was getting all the oOo's and Ahhh's yesterday while drifting..because i was holding long drifts at higher speeds. i think it takes more skill to do it at a faster pace then slower.. you have less time to correct your mistakes..
Old 08-30-2004, 05:06 PM
AceInHole

with ABS i can pretty much drift in a large circle untill my battery runs out. if you can't hold a long drift, blame the driver, not the "tires".
Old 08-30-2004, 08:08 PM
GraTou
My Feedback: (6)

VERY GOOD ANSWER
and i think thats true most of the part too

ORIGINAL: AceInHole

if you can't hold a long drift, blame the driver, not the "tires".
Old 08-31-2004, 04:15 AM
Kysi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nitro tires may spin faster tahn electic ones. [geez, thats just sounds messed up] with electrics you get instant torque as soon as you hit the throttle and almost the maximum from the begining. nitro on the other hand gains torque and hp more toward the end. i got some stage d tires a bit back, and they seem to work okay, but not as good as yokomo ones. that may be becasue im permanently running in 2nd gear, or at least until i can go to aki and pick up a spur gear. im almost positive taht if my car was electric, id drift easy in 2nd gear beause of their torque. on the other hand, my car tops out at 60+ mph, and hits it FAST