Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Drifting
Reload this Page >

HPI STAGE D: FOR ALL OF THE RS4 3/NITRO CROWD! (VIDEO TOO)

Notices
RC Drifting Discuss all aspects of rc drifting here!

HPI STAGE D: FOR ALL OF THE RS4 3/NITRO CROWD! (VIDEO TOO)

Old 01-21-2009, 08:11 PM
Grimm-Maxx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HPI STAGE D: FOR ALL OF THE RS4 3/NITRO CROWD! (VIDEO TOO)

ORIGINAL: yoonki

sorry to dig up an old topic but that dude was right bout drifting. in real cars, drifting is only when the rear tires are sweeping around the turn while the front wheels are steering (done by countersteering). if all four wheels are sliding, thats just a power slide. w/ real racing, u can't get the same "drift" effect if ur powersliding cause u lose too much speed while doin it (unless ur rally racing on dirt or snow). w/ these rc cars, since the power to weight ratio is so high, it is possible to get the drift effect since u can pretty much spinout the wheels on command. while technically not a drift, its still very cool!
Have you ever watched rally racing?They do drift.The equation behind drifting is to perform a controlled slide in a sideways motion while the wheels maintain a constant forward velocity.It doesn't matter if it's rear wheel drive or all wheel drive,drifting is drifting.Arguing this is a mute point since I have many friends in the actual drift circuit and grew up wrenching on many cars.I have friends that drift in all wheel drive cars and rear wheel drive.The only vehicle you cannot drift in is a front wheel drive car.I have seen real all wheel drive cars perform drifting on tracks,and let me tell you,it is a very impressive thing because it takes more control and knowledge of your machine than rear wheel drive vehicles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3t3dHh2HWiw
Old 06-16-2020, 11:30 AM
OGPerk503

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im tapping in to all the nitro drifting threads today!;P im anxiously awaiting the super short and super long dogbone drivesahfts that were part of the stage-D kit. i managed ot find actual HPI parts too! once those come in, i will be tearing down my Redcat Lightning STR and converting to Mid-Chassis engine layout! figuring out the header is going to be difficult, but i believe can just cut the tubular header real short, then attatch the correct angle then attatch the new Rear facing tuned pipe..since everyhtings discontinued, and the stage-D kit (if u can find one) is now even more expensive than it was originally, i am SUUPER excited to be in the process of making my own. idk what good it will do, but i will keep this forum updated.
Peace