Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Drifting
Reload this Page >

HPI STAGE D: FOR ALL OF THE RS4 3/NITRO CROWD! (VIDEO TOO)

Community
Search
Notices
RC Drifting Discuss all aspects of rc drifting here!

HPI STAGE D: FOR ALL OF THE RS4 3/NITRO CROWD! (VIDEO TOO)

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2005, 07:09 PM
cssdev

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HPI STAGE D: FOR ALL OF THE RS4 3/NITRO CROWD! (VIDEO TOO)

For all of the people inquiring about nitro drifting, and those of you who haven't yet seen it these are HPI's drifting products for the rs4 3 evo, and nitro tourers.

>>>[link=http://www.hpiracing.co.jp/contents/movies/stage_d.wmv]Stage-D Video![/link]<<<

Stage-D Rims: #34103 @ [link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXJFE7&P=7]Tower Hobbies[/link]
Stage-D Tires: #34501

Stage-D Conversion ( Nitro rs4 3 evo ): Special Stock# LXJVY1 @ [link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXJVY1&P=7]Tower Hobbies[/link]

Old 01-16-2005, 07:34 PM
Kensaku

Default RE: HPI STAGE D: FOR ALL OF THE RS4 3/NITRO CROWD! (VIDEO TOO)

Are those tires rubber?
Old 01-16-2005, 07:45 PM
cssdev

ORIGINAL: Kensaku

Are those tires rubber?
From what i've read they're a hard rubber compound, which provides traction and drifting. People in europe and japan have them already and seem to be pleased. I can't wait till they show up here in the states!

BTW: Could you get me the part numbers for the servo saver, throttle linkage upgrades on the savage? I just built my SS and have those in mind. Thanks in advance
Old 01-16-2005, 10:30 PM
Kensaku

PM sent about Savage parts.
Old 01-16-2005, 10:31 PM
Kensaku

ORIGINAL: cssdev

ORIGINAL: Kensaku

Are those tires rubber?
From what i've read they're a hard rubber compound, which provides traction and drifting. People in europe and japan have them already and seem to be pleased. I can't wait till they show up here in the states!
Hopefully they provide more drift action than the Yokomo radials.
Old 01-16-2005, 10:39 PM
cssdev

Judging by the video they will do that and then some. On hpi japan they have had an all nitro drift event with their products, that must've been a kick to watch and hear 5-10 nitros screaming! [X(] I have seen a video of the yokomo drift radials on an electric, i think the electric is too underpowered to make use of that much traction. A heavier nitro should prove good with them. Also, check out kawada's r/c products, they make some radials that looks nice along with their deep dish wheels.
Old 01-16-2005, 10:41 PM
Kensaku

Any idea where I can purchase Kawada products?
Old 01-16-2005, 10:52 PM
cssdev

Check e b a y, there's a few sellers who often have them available, infact i saw some today.
Old 01-16-2005, 10:56 PM
S.A.E.W.O.T.
Banned

THATS 1 OF THE CRAPEST DRIFT VID'S IVE EVER SEEN!!!!... WE R NOW ALL A LIL BIT DUMBER FROM SEEING THAT VID!!!....have a nice day!!!
Old 01-16-2005, 10:57 PM
cardude03

lol, i wanna see what SAEWOT has to say about this, mr. "electric drifters are better", lol, j/k

p.s.-dont get me wrong, im still an electric guy, lol

EDIT: darn it, he already posted by the time i finished the video, lol
Old 01-16-2005, 11:04 PM
cssdev

Other radials: [link=http://www.pit-shimizu.com/index_page_english/item_frame_e.html]pit-shimizu[/link] I have heard mixed opinions about these, a video showed them running on carpet with an electric car. Electrics are not great at running radials, so i think to judge them they would have to be seen on a nitro on pavement.

B.T.W. Electric drifting and nitro drifting are 2 different things, just because you run a slugging electric doesn't mean you have to knock those of us who have to have a little more control over our rigs have a nice day!
Old 01-17-2005, 12:24 AM
S.A.E.W.O.T.
Banned

NO....WAY in that vid he's jus slidin'.... u gotta counter steer 4 it 2 be a drift!!!!.... most of the time he jus lost rear tracktion... goin thru the turn!!!!... and straighen' it out!!!... he never actually difted!!!.... look at FRC drifting!!!!.... there miles ahead of this vid!!!.... sh*t loads of style 2!!!!... and there drifting.... that vid was all sliding.... i can do better with my electric evader st!!! and we all know that the worlds fastest r/c car is electric.... we all know electric has way more bottom end torque then nitro!!!!.... WHAT ELSE IS THERE 2 SAY!!!!!.... electric drifters r jus better!!!!... and don't 4 get electric is faster on the track 2!!!!!!...
NOW!!!....all of u have a nice day!!!![>:]
Old 01-17-2005, 12:39 AM
cssdev

ORIGINAL: S.A.E.W.O.T.
hey people!.... im new to the drifting and i have an evader st right now.... 4 bashin' and rippin around!... but my lhs has set up a drifting track it's 75x45...and i was watchin' them race 2 cars would race at 1 time.... and it's crazy to watch... so i was wonderin' if the "YOKOMO" drift package cars were any good! thanx 4 any replies
LoL,

For someone without much experience first-hand you got quite a few words of criticism. As for the frc vids, good for them, they're nice. The video you're critiquing is one of a prototype chassis, give it some time and the nitro drift scene will be highly favorable over the electrics. Electrics are faster on the track?!?! have you seen a sanctioned event with nitro tourers? They push 40+ while electrics are usually half the speed, not to mention they gradually get slower and slower through the race! Now, go charge all of your batterys while i pour a tank of fuel and wait for you on the track.... HAVE A NICE DAY EVERYONE
Old 01-17-2005, 12:41 AM
Kensaku

ORIGINAL: S.A.E.W.O.T.
hey people!.... im new to the drifting and i have an evader st right now.... 4 bashin' and rippin around!... but my lhs has set up a drifting track it's 75x45...and i was watchin' them race 2 cars would race at 1 time.... and it's crazy to watch... so i was wonderin' if the "YOKOMO" drift package cars were any good! thanx 4 any replies
LoL,

For someone without much experience first-hand you got quite a few words of criticism. As for the frc vids, good for them, they're nice. The video you're critiquing is one of a prototype chassis, give it some time and the nitro drift scene will be highly favorable over the electrics. Electrics are faster on the track?!?! have you seen a sanctioned event with nitro tourers? They push 40+ while electrics are usually half the speed, not to mention they gradually get slower and slower through the race! Now, go charge all of your batterys while i pour a tank of fuel and wait for you on the track.... HAVE A NICE DAY EVERYONE
LMAO!
Old 01-17-2005, 12:49 AM
tocache

ya, after seeing this video... no drift control the car is going too fast and making only slides, the best video so far is the sgdrifters 3, that video rulez!!!!

Remember: Drift -> Control, not speed
Old 01-17-2005, 11:09 AM
nitro-boy

ok i have to admit Singapore drifters SG3 is the coolest video ihave saw in a long time i just keep watching it over and over. but anyway they were electrics using PVC or ABS i dont really know but anyway. electrics are light and easy to drift you start a drift and can countersteer as much as you want before it comes back. this was a heavy, low torque (since you electric guys say electric has more torque) nitro using RUBBER tires. fair enough for those who use plastic tyres there is nothing wrong with that at all but those were rubber and rubber is quite grippy so if you try countersteer with those its just going to throw the drift off and you will return to going straight. so as far as a nitro drifter with rubber tires goes i think is a really cool video.
.steven.
Old 01-17-2005, 12:46 PM
Kensaku

ORIGINAL: nitro-boy

ok i have to admit Singapore drifters SG3 is the coolest video ihave saw in a long time i just keep watching it over and over. but anyway they were electrics using PVC or ABS i dont really know but anyway. electrics are light and easy to drift you start a drift and can countersteer as much as you want before it comes back. this was a heavy, low torque (since you electric guys say electric has more torque) nitro using RUBBER tires. fair enough for those who use plastic tyres there is nothing wrong with that at all but those were rubber and rubber is quite grippy so if you try countersteer with those its just going to throw the drift off and you will return to going straight. so as far as a nitro drifter with rubber tires goes i think is a really cool video.
.steven.
Exactly! You guys don't realize this is the first of its kind and that probably in less than a year, nitro drifting will be be just as popular as electric.

FYI - there is no ONE definition of how a drift should be. There are many different ways to do it and just because you don't counter-steer doesn't mean it's not a drift. Yes, the typical style is to counter-steer and look cool, but coming around a corner with the front of your car pointing at the apex is pretty cool too, regardless of counter-steer or not. That video is actually more indicative of how a real 1:1 4wd car would behave around a corner. The front wheels are pulling the car towards the apex...if the car were to counter-steer, the front wheels would pull the car out of the drift.
Old 01-17-2005, 01:12 PM
cssdev

That was well explained, now only if they would read it.... With yokomo releasing their nitro, hpi with their conversion, and several companies releasing drift radials, you can almost deduce that nitro drifting will be far more popular to the experienced hobbyist. Electric drifting is fine for noobs because of its price range and ease of use. As mentioned before, alot of kids see a drift event and see someone drift an r/c and want one right away and know nothing about the hobby, just want something cheap and easy.
Old 01-17-2005, 03:44 PM
WhiskyVR-4

Sorry slick, but the old "if you aren't countersteering, you aren't drifting" adage only applies to rwd vehicles.

Do you even own a nitro touring car, much less drift one? I drift both nitro and electric, and the only advantage I see to electric drifting is that its quiet.
Old 01-17-2005, 03:46 PM
WhiskyVR-4

Is there any good reason why we don't have the Stage D kit in the States yet? Any ETA?
Old 01-17-2005, 03:48 PM
cssdev

No ETA as of yet ( that I know of atleast ), The rims are estimated to arrive mid jan at tower hobbies, which could lead you to believe the rest of the stage d products could arrive then. The sooner the better.
Old 01-17-2005, 04:47 PM
nitro-boy

thank you Kensaku and cssdev. its good to see that someone is with me on this one. i think this is going to be great when it cathches on and hopefully we will see just as much of this going on as the electric stuff.
.steven.
Old 01-17-2005, 04:54 PM
cssdev

No problem nitro-boy, I'm sure there's some more nitro drift enthusiasts out there ( you know who you are, it's time to come out of the closet! ) that will speak once they know they're not alone.
Old 01-17-2005, 05:20 PM
nitro-boy

I'm sure there's some more nitro drift enthusiasts out there ( you know who you are, it's time to come out of the closet! ) that will speak once they know they're not alone.
lol oh yeah they will soon come out. i think nitro will be more realistic with the noise and stuff.

ORIGINAL: WhiskyVR-4

the only advantage I see to electric drifting is that its quiet.
lol in my case i dont find that to be an advantage . i like the noise that comes from nitro but then my neighbours dont mind it. either that or i cant hear them shouting because my car is too loud either way i get no hassle.
.steven.
Old 01-17-2005, 05:28 PM
evaderguy89

ELECTRIC IS BETTER!...NO, NITRO IS BETTER! an age old battle (gotta love it )

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.