Notices
RC Drifting Discuss all aspects of rc drifting here!

LINKS TO A GOOD CAR FOR ME

Old 01-24-2005, 07:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LINKS TO A GOOD CAR FOR ME

Ok. Well I really want a drift car but it has to be right for me. I want a fairly cheap car but I want a pre assembled one because I would never be able to make one. I have seen some cheap ones that are pre assembled but they are only 2wd. I also want one in a sorta kit with means a battery electronics package and remote and all of that stuff that makes it ready to run. Well if this is not possible can you tell me?
Old 01-24-2005, 07:47 PM

Default RE: LINKS TO A GOOD CAR FOR ME

Firstly, welcome to the forums! Are you limited to a certain price range? I can give several suggestions, but it would be better to help you if I knew what your price range was...
Old 01-24-2005, 07:50 PM

Well I would say under 200$ because I dont want to go out and blow up a good car.
Old 01-24-2005, 07:54 PM

Well, you can't really blow up a car. You can break parts, which are all replacable. Plus if you take your time with the hobby, you'll love it. Reading these forums is a great place to start!

My first suggestion is the [link=https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/seekpart.pl?pn=LOS0285]Losi, XXX-S SPORT II RTR with JR XR2i radio and painted body[/link]. A little bit over your budget, but comes with an excellent radio system and the steering servo is pretty much up to today's standards.

Another car to look into is most of Tamiya's electric touring cars, alot of poeple in your same cituation end up getting one and love it.

More links to follow when i find some more ideas for you. [sm=thumbup.gif]

EDIT: [link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXCTE6&P=ML]HPI SPRINT[/link]
EDIT: [link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXFZN3&P=ML]TT01 RTR W/CALSONIC SKYLINE BODY[/link]
EDIT: [link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXHAT1&P=ML]TT02 RTR W/CALSONIC Z500[/link]
Old 01-24-2005, 08:06 PM

The tt-01 is cheap and I just wanna know i have seen stuff about pvs how the heck would you make a tire out of pvc pipes because I have heard that the drift tires wear out.
Old 01-24-2005, 08:10 PM

All the links i provided are rtr cars, rtr = preassembled w/radio and electrics. As far as kits go, if you put together lego's as a kid and had sucess, you'll be fine. If you have the proper tools it will be a piece of cake, notably a nice set of screwdrivers and hex wrenches. Price wise, you're better off going with a rtr vehicle. [sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 01-24-2005, 08:11 PM

ORIGINAL: Bender101

The tt-01 is cheap and I just wanna know i have seen stuff about pvs how the heck would you make a tire out of pvc pipes because I have heard that the drift tires wear out.
I'll pm you with info on some great drift tires...