Notices
RC Drifting Discuss all aspects of rc drifting here!

New to the DRFT

Old 01-25-2005, 11:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to the DRFT

i have been drifting with my TG10R for awhile.......so now i want to to get experience with electric ,so what is a good ELECTRIC TAMIYA CAR? I need something that really drift. is TT-01 better than TL-01? what kind of morter do i need? how should i setup my surspension...or just like my tg10r?
Old 01-25-2005, 11:38 PM

Default RE: New to the DRFT

Firstly, welcome to the forums! Are you just wanting to get another car, or is there a real reason? Almost any of the Tamiya 4wd electric's will work fine, the majority use the TT-01 because it's affordable and offers the key adjustments you need. Before you go adjusting the suspension on the car take it out and run it a few times to get a feel for how it handles stock. Then depending on what tires you plan on running tune accordingly, for pvc/abs I myself run as soft of a set-up as possible without the car hitting the ground on bumps and for softer tires like drift radials I can only assume that you would want less traction and run a nice stiff rear-end and medium front-end. Hope that's some info you were looking forward to. [sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 01-26-2005, 06:18 PM

thanx for the info...this help. but i still dont get how do you drift with PVC pipe???????is it hard?
Old 01-26-2005, 07:01 PM

In one word: no. It's not hard at all, just nail the throttle and start sliding around. Others argue about what is technically a drift and what is not, but who cares what they think as long as you're having fun.