Community
Search
Notices
RC Drifting Discuss all aspects of rc drifting here!

Drift/Grip

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2005, 08:18 PM
doughoul

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drift/Grip

Hey im looking for a electric chassis that is very good for drifting/grip.
also i would like to know what motors are good for drifting and grip. ive heard about trinity p2k motors and reedy stock motors for drifting but what is good for grip.
i also wanna know which radio gear is good for drifting and grip. any help would be great thanks..
Old 01-30-2005, 03:11 AM
joejoe22802

Default RE: Drift/Grip

Well everyones the fan of the tt-01 i mean thats what i use iono i just used the radio they gave me which supposedly sucks so i think anythings fine. For the motor i used at the start a i think 27 it was the one out of the box jsut because everyones like torge or how ever you spell is best for drifting. But acually people drift with brushless. I use a 15 turn and its a epic i think im to lazy to check but i think its speed jem maybe iono whatever lol that prob didnt help at all sry
ill just list what kinda of stuff i have
Tamiya TT-01
ABS TIRES
GO TO RCDRIFT.COM AND LOCK AT TUTORILS AND LOOK AT LIMITED SLIP FOR TT-01 AND LIKE REAR STABILIZING THING IT DID WONDERS WELL I LIKE THE DIFFERENCE BUT IF NOT ITS FINE
SPEED GEM 15 TURN
AND MY REMOTE CONTROL IS A BLAZER SPORT
just get me on aim joejoe22802 anytime ill be happy to really explain
Old 02-01-2005, 06:56 PM
WhiskyVR-4

Hi Doug, welcome to the forums.

WHat will work best for you depends on what you plan to do with it. I you just want something to play with, then any 4wd touring car will be fine. I would make the decision based on what is easiest for you to get replacement parts. If your local hobby shop sells mostly Losi cars, buy a Losi. If they sell mostly associated and HPI, but one of those. The only thing I would suggest is getting a shaft-drive car with adjustable diffs. You can get a hot Mod motor if you like, but you don't really need it for drifting.

If you plan to actually race, I would buy a race-level car and a stock motor and learn in the stock classes (you'll be shocked at how hard it is even with a stock motor). I personally would suggest an Associated TC4 and any big name stock motor (Reedy, Orion, Trinity, etc). Spend your money on good battery packs (matched packs are the best), not on the motor, you'll get more run time.
Old 02-02-2005, 06:27 PM
wakefreak09

yeah ture that matched packs r the greatest thing even when u get the 7 cell and maybe an 8 muhaha lol anyways i wouldnt worry about an 8 cell pack only if u run a hacker brushless 8 cell packs with one of those man there beasts lol anyways if u r going to race i would go with a belt drive car like the losi xxx-s cuz u got more power in the straights but shafts r good to if ur running a winedy coruse cuz they have more power in the turns and out unlike the belts

but if u r goin to get one to play with it wouldnt matter if its shaft or belt but get one thats 4wd so u can drift
radio just go with an airtronics mx-3 good for the money and its an FM radio and its not too much either about 130 bucks or so

hope this helps u out somewhat