Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Drifting
 Project:Custom tyres for drifting >

Project:Custom tyres for drifting

Notices
RC Drifting Discuss all aspects of rc drifting here!

Project:Custom tyres for drifting

Old 03-08-2005, 05:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Project:Custom tyres for drifting

Hy all.
First I want to say that I have rc only for a month now and I am puting all this custom made things on it to make it better or better looking.I dont know if any of you tred this.
Anyway now I wanted to make drift tires out of my normal radial street tyres that I got with the rc.The car can make good powerslides on them but that wasnt what I realy wanted.So I started this project. And I think the reason for this project too was that I was too lazy to go buy some abs and I want to buy new yokohama advan A038
So this is what I did.I bought super glue and glued my tyres from the out side.When thy glue dryes you dont see it but the tyre is not soft anymore.I did this just on rear tyres now and I will do it on the front too.I will see how long will this work and tell you that.
By
Old 03-08-2005, 12:49 PM

Default RE: Project:Custom tyres for drifting

My guess is a few seconds, if that. The glue will flake off, and look like some doo doo. It's close to an idea I am currently working on. Even if you coated the entire tire with cg it wont last long under that many rpm and friction, the ground acts as sandpaper then. Let us know about your findings. [sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 03-08-2005, 01:10 PM

Well I am drifting over a week now and the glue is still on.We will see for how long wil it be like that.
If it doesnt work I will buy abs and maybe cut the tires and just put the ends on the wheels so it look like a tyre and its abs.
Old 03-08-2005, 03:37 PM

How about some pictures of your super glue tires. I don't quite understand what you're talking about.
Old 03-09-2005, 03:12 AM

I dont have my camera now.I will put pics on friday.