Community
Search
Notices
RC Drifting Discuss all aspects of rc drifting here!

New to RC Drifting

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2005, 07:54 PM
america8371

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to RC Drifting

I just got into RCs about a month ago and I have a HPI RTR 3 Evo. I soon found out that the most fun thing I can do with that my car is to drift. I was wondering what kinds of upgrades (besides the Stage D conversion kit) I would have to do to it in order to make it a better drifter. Thanks in advance.
Old 05-28-2005, 08:27 PM
nitros_rule

Default RE: New to RC Drifting

dont do the stage d i acctually found that it dusnt work that well at all
Old 05-28-2005, 08:29 PM
nitros_rule

you did pvc tyres right??
Old 05-28-2005, 08:53 PM
america8371

ORIGINAL: nitros_rule

you did pvc tyres right??

For now i did the elctrical tape around my tires. But soon i will get the abs tires. Speaking of abs tires, how long do they last? What else would i need to make my car an excellent drifter.
Old 05-29-2005, 01:42 AM
cssdev

Nothing else. My tires last a long time when used on a nice and smooth surface: [link]http://www.driftspecialties.com[/link] (HPI Nitro RS4 3 EVO)
Old 05-29-2005, 05:54 AM
america8371

ORIGINAL: cssdev

Nothing else. My tires last a long time when used on a nice and smooth surface: [link]http://www.driftspecialties.com[/link] (HPI Nitro RS4 3 EVO)

What do u consider a long time. Are u sure theres nothing else that make my car drift better? I have to change the camber and toe on my car. How much are those camber kits if I order it from the local hobby shop.
Old 05-29-2005, 06:02 AM
cossie

stiffen the whole ride up, harder on the back i found was better, no toe in on the back, slightly more camber on the front no camber on the back, tighten the diffs, and if you can adjust the car for more rear braking
Old 05-29-2005, 02:27 PM
cssdev

What do u consider a long time. Are u sure theres nothing else that make my car drift better? I have to change the camber and toe on my car. How much are those camber kits if I order it from the local hobby shop.
I usually get ~50 tanks of fuel when running on a nice parking lot. Nothing is going to make you drift better, except practice. Camber/toe/ride height/etc. etc. don't really matter when you have ABS tires. How am I supposed to know how much your LHS charges for parts? If by camber kit, you mean turnbuckle set, it shouldn't be much depending on the brand and material.
Old 05-30-2005, 12:43 PM
america8371

Are there any techniques that i need to know in order to drift better? Is there a certain way of doing it?
Old 05-30-2005, 01:39 PM
cssdev

No, just peg the throttle and turn. I don't know why everyone makes a big deal out of drifting a plastic car around.
Old 05-30-2005, 02:16 PM
america8371

Regular racing is definitely fun, but once in a while drifting is good too because its just something different to do with your car every once in a while.
Old 05-30-2005, 02:22 PM
cssdev

I didn't mean it that way. I love drifting my R/C, no doubt about that. I was talking about making all of these adjustments to the car, techniques and anything else that doesn't amount to anything. The best way to get better at drifting is to simply do it, everyone has a different car, driving style and knowledge of how things work so it's hard to ask, " How do I do XXX? "
Old 09-19-2005, 07:20 PM
INTEGRA

SOOOOOO true cssdev that the best way u could possibly tell people that all this stuf bout diff tires and diff chassis and diff shox and so on and so on.... is alost all BS ........america8371 play with ur car try adjusting things but mostly practice practice paratice and u will get good eventually.
InTeGrA