Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Drifting
 Help agian, this time shaking in a tt-01 >

Help agian, this time shaking in a tt-01

Notices
RC Drifting Discuss all aspects of rc drifting here!

Help agian, this time shaking in a tt-01

Old 11-06-2005, 03:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help agian, this time shaking in a tt-01

My car, a TT-01, is sucking right now, it feels and sounds like the driveshaft is knocking, somthing is moving around inside there that is making iverything shake, like the dogbones and diffs, the drive shaft feel a little loose but nothing seems loose???? but what is weird is my firends car is doing the same thing too and we have the same car ?????? im confused with this, any help out there please I will gladly appreciatle it
Old 11-06-2005, 03:48 PM

Default RE: Help agian, this time shaking in a tt-01

Does this only happen when the battery gets low on power? If so its cogging as there is not enough current. Now check the drivetrain. Spin the right back wheel, does the left one move in the oposite direction and does it feel smooth? Repeat the process for the front wheels. Pull the motor cover and check for proper gear mesh. Since the motor cover is off, pull the motor out and turn both of the back wheels in a forward motion at the same time, does it move the front wheels and does it feel smooth? And finally check the pinion and check the spur gears for any kind of gunk rocks etc. Also check them for missing teeth or chewed up teeth. Hope this helps!
Old 11-06-2005, 04:33 PM

I forgot to say this, My prop shaft, the one that goes from front to rear shakes bad too, also my spur gear is eaten up pretty bad on the inside edge but dont know how it did it because the spur gear and pinion gear line up perfectly so, i have no ideas
Old 11-06-2005, 05:58 PM

Maybe yur motor mount is shifting the motor around. The stock plastic one is pretty flimsy. I use it and it works fine but i use the old stock motors cuz i just drift with it. U can always rebuild the whole thing, that's wut i do cuz i also enjoy it and it almsot always solves the problem and u get a perfectly rebuilt car, running perfect.