Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Drifting
 Im New To Rc Drifting Any Advise? >

Im New To Rc Drifting Any Advise?

Notices
RC Drifting Discuss all aspects of rc drifting here!

Im New To Rc Drifting Any Advise?

Old 12-02-2005, 03:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Im New To Rc Drifting Any Advise?

Hi, I'm Jake and im new here this is my first post,i've got a MARC Merecedes CLKDTM the vodafone version apart from i took the stickers off and painted it white, which didnt wokr becasue the paint flakes off. and i have fittes pvc tubes on the rear tyres any more advise?

thnx jake
Old 12-02-2005, 04:05 PM

Default RE: Im New To Rc Drifting Any Advise?

hmm, sounds like a start, ur paint is flaking because its either not for polycarb bodys or becuase u painted it on the outside...

There have been a million threads about this, just scroll down and u can find threads about settings for shocks, diffs, just about anything, So do that first, then post back if u have any further questions.

p.s. ur member name is an oxymoron ; )....
Old 12-02-2005, 04:11 PM

Learn suspension. Any good drifter, whether its R/C or real knows suspension. I setup the suspension on my R/C car to mimic my drifter. My car was originally setup for AWD but I modified it to be RWD so i wasn't doing zero countersteer drifts. The only problem with my car is it has crappy weight distribution. I get a lot of understeer. But then again I don't have PVC's on the back either. Also, for some background on whats going on and the forces acting on the car, check out the drift bible by keiichi tsuchiya, the drift king. You can get it at www.drifting.com. I will say that I can drift my car much better than my r/c but, i've also been drifting my car longer.
Old 12-03-2005, 05:17 AM

ORIGINAL: coolkid

hmm, sounds like a start, ur paint is flaking because its either not for polycarb bodys or becuase u painted it on the outside...

There have been a million threads about this, just scroll down and u can find threads about settings for shocks, diffs, just about anything, So do that first, then post back if u have any further questions.

p.s. ur member name is an oxymoron ; )....
ye its probley the wrong paint and i painted it on outs ide lol tht was a bad idea

also... wats oxymoron mean is it bad? and if it is how ca ni change it
Old 12-03-2005, 10:58 AM

haha no man its not bad, i was just kidding, clk dtm is a race car thats made not to drift, it was just kinda funny...
Old 12-03-2005, 02:26 PM

an oxymoron is like Jumbo-Shrimp somthing large discribing somthing small. along those lines. if you want to know more bout it Watch Renasance Man staring Danny Davito. plus it is a good movie.