Notices
RC Drifting Discuss all aspects of rc drifting here!

TA-05??

Old 01-30-2007, 11:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TA-05??

Hi everyone,

I already have a TT-01D, and very pleased with it. But I`ll like to see what`s the difference between shafts and belts driven chassics, so like to aske here is the TA-05 kit a good one to drift comparing to Sprint 2? Any valuable infos deeply appreciated!
Old 01-30-2007, 03:50 PM

Default RE: TA-05??

get a sprint 2 mate they arent that much dearer and they already out of the box will kick a ta-05's butt
Old 01-30-2007, 11:36 PM
Banned

The TA-05 is a Nice Chassis but Hyper is Correct, the Sprint 2 out of the Box will beat the TA-05..
I have Drifted up against and raced against the TA-05 with the Sprint 2 and it has always come out in front as far as drift and performance goes.. but thats MY experience...
Old 01-31-2007, 05:01 AM

the sprint 2 also has more tuning options shocks, camber, toe etc etc
Old 01-31-2007, 06:58 AM

Ive got a ta05. and i gotta say that from my expierence drifting has very little to do with chassis, and set-up, and if you beat someone 99% of the time its because your a better drifter.the TA05 is an awesome drifter. Ive hopped mine up quite a bit, and I would say its just as good as any other drift car your ever goona see, or hear about. The thing is, i know that doesnt mean anything unless ive got the skills to drift it as good as anyone else yor ever gonna see, which quite frasnkly... I don't. I personally like it more then the spirnts, but in case you didnt notice everyone hasd there own bias. Im biased towards MY ta05, and MAgnat and Hyper 10baised towards THEIR Sprint 2's. But in the end there both good cars, and which ever one you get youll be getting an awesome drift car.
Old 01-31-2007, 07:15 AM

well sed rs4evo
Old 01-31-2007, 11:02 AM

Thank you guys for the grear infos, I really appreciated it!

Also, is it really true that for belt driven types you will face serious problems if you will to run them on surfaces with too much pebbles? Heard it here being told that it will( pebbles ) ripped off the belts, wear out the pulleys severly and also run time can be as few as 10 hours or so before changing to a new one??
Old 01-31-2007, 04:35 PM
Banned

Yes.. If You rally Bash a Belt Driven Chassis then Yes Pebbles will cause problems but that will happen to any chassis with exposed Gearing regardless of it being shaft or Belt.
The TT-01 and the TB-02 offer covered Spurs and pinions which is why they are recommended for Drifters who just want to race where ever they can ..

The Sprint 2's Pinion and spur are mounted Higher then the TA-05 so pebble Damage is reduced.. The Only real concern on a Sprint 2 is a Well placed Side impact that could Chip the Spur but you would have to be really unlucky for that to occur.