Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Drifting
 Going to start Nitro Drifting....can you help? >

Going to start Nitro Drifting....can you help?

Notices
RC Drifting Discuss all aspects of rc drifting here!

Going to start Nitro Drifting....can you help?

Old 02-08-2007, 01:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Going to start Nitro Drifting....can you help?

Hello Everyone....

I am thinking about getting into drifting and I was doing some research on what car is the best to have for street drifiting. Then I realized that I have an HPI Nitro RS4 3 SS sitting in a box. I ran this about 10 times over a year ago. The only thing I need to do is add an RX, and I am good to go. It seems the the majority of drifters use electric, but since i have a 10th scale car just sitting, I should use it right? Or, should I sell the nitro, and get an electric?

If I stay with the ntiro, what are my needed upgrades/adjustments I need to do to get the Nitro RS4 3 SS up to drifting specs? I have some other questions, that any help with would be great.

1. What are my drifting tire options? PVC or real drifting tires? Adv/DisAdv of each?

Thanks guys....

URC
Old 02-08-2007, 02:18 PM

Default RE: Going to start Nitro Drifting....can you help?

will thats great that you want to get into drifting nitro!! i love nitro its just more relistic. anyways is that car 4 wheel drive? if so then thats all you realy need. i would do the fallowing go to your local autozone or autoparts and order long rubber hoses cut them so as to fit into your rim. the good thing its that its cheaper then having to buy those expensive tires they try to sell you. becuase the are mustly made for electric cars. the rubber you get from your autopart will be hard and will give you good grip as will as good drifting action. some will tell you to use pvc pipes from your local hardware store i wouldnt use those becuase they are best for electric cars.
Old 02-08-2007, 02:31 PM

Yes...the car is a 4wd nitro car.

I have installed an RD Logic pipe and better airfilter.

So...what about the tire option? Do you have more details?

THanks

Old 02-08-2007, 02:43 PM

your best bet is to go to your local autozone or auto parts and get your self rubber hoses. just take your rim to them and tell them your looking for rubber hoses that will fit the rim. ( they should fix nice and tight on it. you'll have to cut them just like you would with pvc pipes. you just have to remember that nitro has alot of rpm so you do have to drift abet faster then the electric ones so as not to overheat your engine. i have yet to go to the store and buy some but i have a stronge believe that it will work out.
Old 02-08-2007, 03:05 PM

cool....let me know how it works.

I just just remembered something (parts in my inventory).

I have a Mamba MAX BL setup just sitting in its original box. I think I will go electric route and use that...along with lipo to maximize the runtime and with no motor maintenance.

So..I guess I will sell the Nitro RS4 3 SS.

URC
Old 02-09-2007, 10:06 AM

This thread can be deleted...I have decided to go with electric. The only reason is that I will drift mostly in front of my house...and the nitro sounds will bother my neighbors I bet.